RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
I have a 12 gauge shotgun and 7 1/2 birdshot ammo. This is the exact ammo I have,

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/winchester-aa-heavy-target-loads-shotshells

If I use this ammo with the shotgun deep in my mouth pointed back between my ears towards the Brain Stem, will this be sure to kill me? I have no access to ammo other than birdshot, and I am so ready to do this. I read articles that say birdshot will be enough, and some say not. Please give me some REAL advice. Thanks.

EDIT:

You know what? FUCK IT! I don't really care what happens. I'm just curious. So I'm going to try it. I don't really care if I blow my face off and live, or if I die. I'm just curious what happens if I put this birdshot ammo in this shotgun, and put it in my mouth, and pull the trigger - what would happen? I have a morbid curiosity, and god damnit, I'm going to do it. All I know is - life can't continue on how it has. If I only blow my face off - at least I'll be able to apply for american disability and won't be broke and near homeless anymore. And the pain I feel will be better than this horrible emptiness I currently feel.

If I fail, I'll come back and inform you that birdshot doesn't work.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653
flank

flank

genetic trash
Aug 31, 2020
I just wanted to say that I deeply envy you for having a 12 gauge shotgun.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Nature_is_God
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I know this post is old but I reckon that a shotgun at point blank range pointed at the brainstem will do the trick with any ammunition.

Reactions: Wayfaerer
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I know this post is old but I reckon that a shotgun at point blank range pointed at the brainstem will do the trick with any ammunition.

This. So long as it is pointed at the brain stem and the shell is not underloaded.

After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
Fired from 10 feet, most birdshot that size can't even penetrate pork ribs. So I'm not sure I would trust large volumes of shot to penetrate a human skull even at point-blank range (the shot-groupings at those distances aren't much different unless the choke has been modified) it's just too light, and while even two or three shot pellets could potentially kill you want a signifigant amount of shot to enter the skull if you want the chance of failure to be as small as possible.

You could make a cut-shell, fuse the shot with epoxy, replace it with BBs (this would be the most effective modification) or do any one of a number of things to make it more lethal, but then you'd be firing an untested, modded shell in an all-or-nothing situation so unless you have more than one this is potentially risky.

Of curse the odds of something going wrong aren't that high, but a factory-made shell loaded with a heavier shot (no.4 or bigger birdshot if you can't get buck or BBs) or even a second no. 7 birdshot shell so you can hand-loaded two with steel BBs and test-fire one to proof the concept would eliminates a lot of potentially nasty variables.

It's far from impossible to acquire such things, and though I know waiting sucks, I would advise patience.

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
birdshot has a very wide and light spread so it should work from point blank but if you could replace the stuff in the shell with something else that would prob be better couldnt you just go to bassproshop and get a ammo thats not birdshot?

minefield

minefield

Sep 27, 2020
birdshot has a very wide and light spread so it should work from point blank but if you could replace the stuff in the shell with something else that would prob be better couldnt you just go to bassproshop and get a ammo thats not birdshot?
The problem is that there seems to be a nationwide shortage of buckshot and slugs. I've been searching my local gun shops and online for the last couple months and can't find anything besides frangible buckshot, which I don't really trust.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
OP name still makes me sad. Miss you bro.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
The problem is that there seems to be a nationwide shortage of buckshot and slugs. I've been searching my local gun shops and online for the last couple months and can't find anything besides frangible buckshot, which I don't really trust.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust frangible buckshot either. I'm pretty sure the concussion would be enough (in a 12g at least) to do the job but it has this nasty "what if" psychological aspect to it.