• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
So, I'd like to do a full hanging. I've been told that a 10mm rope would be enough for me, that it would support my weight and not gonna lie, the 10mm rope looks waaay too thick for me. But I've seen on here few days ago that if you're on the heavier side you should go with a 14mm rope. My quesstions is, which kind of rope would fit for someone who's 176 cm and probably over 100kg? Should I keep the 10mm one or go on with a 14mm one?

Last edited:
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Solar1703
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
i'd love if this wouldn't get actually ignored as i really need answers to this, thanks.

F

Flying Away

A listening ear is better than suffering in silenc
Nov 20, 2021
So, I'd like to do a full hanging. I've been told that a 10mm rope would be enough for me, that it would support my weight and not gonna lie, the 10mm rope looks waaay too thick for me. But I've seen on here few days ago that if you're on the heavier side you should go with a 14mm rope. My quesstions is, which kind of rope would fit for someone who's 176 cm and probably over 100kg? Should I keep the 10mm one or go on with a 14mm one?

Long drop?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Did you 10mm is way too thick or way too thin? You typed thick but I think maybe you meant thin- or maybe not, it's not clear.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I read on the hanging megathread that 10 mm of thickness is the best, but idk if you're a bit on the larger side, i suggest doing more research into it.

Last edited:
S

setup

Experienced
Nov 18, 2021
The 10mm will prob work as there isn't a long drop. IMO. I think most of the chance of snapping is the jump and not the hang. There should be a weight rating on the rope usually

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and bed
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Another key question- noose or slipknot. The slipknot is supposed to get tighter and cause passing out sooner, but sometimes it can come undone if not tied carefully. The noose is more secure and won't come undone but might cause a person to be conscious a lot longer. I think the best answer is a wello-tied slipknot, but people need to be careful and get this right if they are using a slipknot.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Solar1703
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I will use 12mm jute rope that has 600 kgf, it's more than enough for me (~80kg)

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
S

Solar1703

Student
Jun 13, 2021
I have 15 mm thick rope prepared
Another key question- noose or slipknot. The slipknot is supposed to get tighter and cause passing out sooner, but sometimes it can come undone if not tied carefully. The noose is more secure and won't come undone but might cause a person to be conscious a lot longer. I think the best answer is a wello-tied slipknot, but people need to be careful and get this right if they are using a slipknot.
I've made something in between slipknot and hangman's knot

Last edited: