M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Been really depressed and had no motivation to finish my assignment which is due tomorrow.
Any words of support and motivation would be helpful. I feel like I will manage it but I am in no mindset to be doing it.
Lost all trust with the staff at my uni though so not contacting them. Just need to get through it myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, Despondent, mediocre and 1 other person
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
You got this @madbananas! My advice would be break up your day into one-hour chunks, making sure to take breaks.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, mediocre, madbananas and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@thebrinkimdriven's advice is quite good. Take regular 7-minute mini-breaks to stretch, keep hydrated and make sure your blood is circulating briskly. You got this, @madbananas! Stand in superhero position for a minute or two and start writing.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, Epsilon0, mediocre and 1 other person
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Thank you @thebrinkimdriven and @Soul !
Words of encouragement and sound advice I very much needed :smiling: :heart::hug: I don't know what I'd do without folks like yourselves on this site!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, mediocre, Brink and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
You'd write! Despite all odds! With your sweet ass supporting you! :love:

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, mediocre, madbananas and 1 other person
K

Ktmnny

Jul 17, 2018
Good luck! I'm kind of in the same boat, suppose to be working on a uni assignment rn too. I find that once I actually get started and write some note and ideas down and get flowing then it's a bit easier

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, Soul and madbananas
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
How's it going? :)

• Love
Reactions: madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
@Ktmnny i hope you're managing with it. It's a weird feeling writing an essay when all I want is to ctb haha. I'm kind of the same when I start it gets easier, but I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me ages. However it's my last ever uni written piece before I graduate thank goodness. Wanting to do a masters but at a different uni definitely. Lost all trust in the staff at my current one after not one of them checking in on me since I tried to ctb. Considering the degree I'm doing and the profession they are in, their attitude is concerning.

@MissKatrina I'll probably be doing it throughout the night haha but I've completed a major section of it so I can put that bit to bed and get on with the rest. Have no motivation whatsoever though so it's really hard. Thanks for asking though, it's nice to have people to talk to considering everything I've been through :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ktmnny, Woodnote and mediocre
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
@Ktmnny i hope you're managing with it. It's a weird feeling writing an essay when all I want is to ctb haha. I'm kind of the same when I start it gets easier, but I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me ages. However it's my last ever uni written piece before I graduate thank goodness. Wanting to do a masters but at a different uni definitely. Lost all trust in the staff at my current one after not one of them checking in on me since I tried to ctb. Considering the degree I'm doing and the profession they are in, their attitude is concerning.

@MissKatrina I'll probably be doing it throughout the night haha but I've completed a major section of it so I can put that bit to bed and get on with the rest. Have no motivation whatsoever though so it's really hard. Thanks for asking though, it's nice to have people to talk to considering everything I've been through :)

Wohoooo! Keep up the good work! You've got this! You can and will complete this but you gotta keep those fingers typing! You'll feel awesome once you've submitted this and the weight is lifted

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Wohoooo! Keep up the good work! You've got this! You can and will complete this but you gotta keep those fingers typing! You'll feel awesome once you've submitted this and the weight is lifted

thank you!! :smiling: Yeah I can almost taste the relief when I press that submit button hahaha but I'm a bit off that yet. Will get there though. It's the research And referencing that takes so much time, it's super annoying haha

Reactions: Woodnote
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
It does take a lot of time! Hope you have some softwares to make referencing a little faster. Research will always take the most time.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
It does take a lot of time! Hope you have some softwares to make referencing a little faster. Research will always take the most time.

I don't sadly but I'm managing. Just on my final section of the essay now which will probably take the longest because I'll be tidying it up as well but glad I'm getting there eventually haha

• Hugs
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Keep on going! Final section and you're done. You got this!

Would this work for your references?

• Love
Reactions: madbananas and Woodnote
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Keep going, nearly there:sunglasses:

I'm so old all my uni essays were written by hand. On actual paper. Notes, first draft, final draft, done in six days and drunk out of my mind on the seventh.

• Love
Reactions: madbananas, Brink, Woodnote and 1 other person
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Keep going, nearly there:sunglasses:

I'm so old all my uni essays were written by hand. On actual paper. Notes, first draft, final draft, done in six days and drunk out of my mind on the seventh.

Seriously? Wow. That's insane. Did you have to do references too? I genuinely cannot imagine doing those by hand. Like I know my lecturers that were old enough to type spent two weeks.

I can't imagine what researching must have been like either. Where you had to read several physical books and physical journals to search and look for which ones were useful. Everything's filtered and online. Takes seconds to search for relevant material. One thing hasn't changed. We still celebrate by getting drunk.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Books in a library, trained how to use it and had to manually reference everything. It would have been so much easier with a PC and the internet!
But...I have experience of this. I used to be an archaeological illustrator at exactly the time we crossed over from hand drawing everything with pen and ink to using Illustrator on pc. On computer it was faster and easier, but we had sooooo much more work to do because of that. People expected more precisely because we could do more. Gone were the days of sketching stuff whilst enjoying a bottle of wine.

• Love
Reactions: madbananas, MissKatrina, Woodnote and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Books in a library, trained how to use it and had to manually reference everything. It would have been so much easier with a PC and the internet!
But...I have experience of this. I used to be an archaeological illustrator at exactly the time we crossed over from hand drawing everything with pen and ink to using Illustrator on pc. On computer it was faster and easier, but we had sooooo much more work to do because of that. People expected more precisely because we could do more. Gone were the days of sketching stuff whilst enjoying a bottle of wine.

That stench of mouldy books from the library... unforgettable.

Reactions: MissKatrina and Woodnote
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Funny story. When they built the university library, they forgot to take the weight of the books into consideration.
It sank.

• Wow
Reactions: madbananas, MissKatrina and Woodnote
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I'm losing my ability to live folks, 300 words left and still some editing to do. I'm tired as hell haha. Funny that cause typically I experience insomnia. Sod's law. Still have 12 hours before I need to submit though

• Hugs
Reactions: Ktmnny and Woodnote
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
You got this friend!! You made it into university so with those efforts, I'm positive that you can do anything you put your mind to ❤ I also have lost motivation for my work. You're surely not alone ;-;

• Love
Reactions: Ktmnny, Deleted member 1465 and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
You got this friend!! You made it into university so with those efforts, I'm positive that you can do anything you put your mind to ❤ I also have lost motivation for my work. You're surely not alone ;-;

thank you! It's an absolute nightmare. I just want it done but I also don't want to write a lot of rubbish. It's my last ever written piece for my course so I just want to pass it :heart: I've been googling last minute essay writing and reading stories about people needing to do two 2000 word essays in like 3 days so at least my 300-400 words ain't that bad haha. Reckon I'll celebrate tomorrow night, get some alcohol in even though I just live with my mum.Joys of lockdown haha

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Despondent
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
How'd it go, OP? I fell asleep before the deadline. :) Don't worry about drinking with family home. I've danced in my room till I've been sore drinking booze. Hahaha

• Love
Reactions: Brink and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
@MissKatrina thats me just submitted it now, 6 minutes before the deadline haha. I had to eventually go to sleep last night I couldn't stay up any longer. I'm so relieved, definitely having a drink tonight!
That's me submitted it, just in time! Thank you everyone for your advice and support, it was very helpful and I'm chuffed to be on a site with such supportive and caring people :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Soul, MissKatrina and 1 other person
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Wohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! That's awesome! Have a swig of whatever you're drinking for me. It's time to party and celebrate. You did brilliant!

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Well done, @madbananas! [throwing confetti all over]

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Thank you @Soul and @MissKatrina I've got the wine in and ready to get drunk:hug::sunglasses::heart:
Hopefully I will pass the essay, I'll find out in three weeks I think!

Reactions: Brink and Soul
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Enjoy! Drink safely! And let us know your results!

• Love
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
I've got the wine in and ready to get drunk:hug::sunglasses::heart:
Hopefully I will pass the essay, I'll find out in three weeks I think!
You've earnt it! *chin chin* Best of luck with your results.

• Love