W

watchingfigsdrop

Sep 1, 2024
Hi there, title is exactly what I'm talking about. I'd like to CTB on 9/3, my birthday, and I'm hoping to get everything i need today. I will be calling a welding supply store to check for availability of N2 40cu as soon as they open. One supply appears to not be shut on Labor Day. As I'm sure is similar for many, i have my own fears and doubts in terms of making sure I don't land myself in a rubber room, or with life long debilitating effects. I understand i should have been preparing for this earlier, but i had been intentionally not purchasing materials as not to enable myself too early. I regret not getting my materials earlier.

I'd like someone to read my plan to make sure there isn't anything i have missed in my haste, or overlooked in that i have not communicated this in any community similar to this one.

The plan: call supply store at 0800, go get materials at 1000, tell supply store the "flooding paint cans with argon and nitrogen" story, head to Lowe's/similar store to purchase a hose and regulator (assuming the tank does not have a regulator already- if i ask if it does, does this tip off the supply store?), transport it all back. Anything I need to know about transporting the tank? Next, supply my dog with ample amounts of food & water. At around 2400, take vehicle down abandoned service road and set up bag method. Next, schedule a Instagram post to be made and go live at 1100 on 9/3. Play some music, eat a little bit of birthday cake, set altered images to play on repeat through earbuds as to not hear the gas tank, and ctb.

Any tips to make sure I don't mess up with the supply co? In this situation, do i put a sign on the car door to warn EMS? Hydrogen sulfide would have been my first choice if i had allowed myself to prepare better. Is it not a popular choice in this community? Are there any household cleaning options I could reliably use instead of N2, for the sake of ease of access, and my being nervous to talk to the supply co?Method being painless as possible would be nice, but my main concern is if i mess it up, making sure I don't wind up horribly damaged for the remainder of my life if plans fall through.

Thanks in advance. I will update this thread as i think of more questions.
I would like to clarify that my dog is not involved at all and was only mentioned to make clear that I am making sure he is fed and supplied with all he needs until someone realizes what has happened and can get him.
Also, I should have mentioned, intention of Instagram post is not to leave a note, but rather leave resources for folks to be able to find me and get my dog so he will be okay. I live in a place where nobody knows me and a very low population. Getting people from my hometown to look for me is the only way I'd be found.

Last edited:
Reactions: null_blank
W

watchingfigsdrop

Sep 1, 2024
It looks like I will not be able to buy the gas today. Both air gas and arc3 (the latter I thought would be open today) seem to be closed. This will have to be postponed until tomorrow unless anyone knows of a foolproof (as I am undeniably a fool) method to make a lethal gas with home chemicals.
It has been my understanding that other than chloroform and hydrogen sulfide, other chemicals would have lifelong consequences if any part of the plan fails.
Chloroform and hydrogen sulfide seem a little harder to synthesize than, say, mustard gas. Also synthesizing accurate doses seems difficult. Does anyone have any advice?
I have found that chloroform was popular for folks for a brief time period as there used to be a reliable method for a layman online. Does anyone know what this is?
As for hydrogen sulfide, I see there was a fad in Japan in 2008. I have the muriatric acid. It seems that all the epsom salt available is sodium sulfate, not sulfide, however. Any thoughts on how to get around this and produce either, or alternate options that would work?