• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
I fell in love with books again, discovering a whole new world. Ive always loved books but because life sucks I stopped reading, now I came back and reading makes me feel so many things, its a light when everything is dark, even when Im reading sad things (which is often lol) it makes me feel so deeply...
That being said Im very curious to hear what are you all reading? Im happy to see that many people here share this hobby, since I often see threads talking about books.

Im reading "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath (when I picked it up I didnt know about the author's story, I didnt know almost anything about the book only that it is a contemporary classic and loved by many), Im enjoying it so far. Last book I read was "I who have never known men" by Jacqueline Harpman, really amazing book, one of the best books Ive ever read, but I already made a thread about this so I will shut up lol.

Im excited to see which books are you all reading!

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Saturn_, Ironborn, jar-baby and 6 others
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I'm also reading The Bell Jar, currently; I quite enjoy the detached and blunt, yet beautifully descriptive way in which Plath writes.

I struggle to keep up with continuity, but I've been trying to force myself lately; in order to keep my interest, I often read multiple books at once.
Aside from the aforementioned, I'm enjoying The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith, and Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'Connell. Romantic nonsense aside, I also recently binged that collection of essays about the craft of writing by Chuck Palahnuik. Not sure if it counts as a book, but I found it both entertaining and enlightening.

• Love
Reactions: Saturn_, annxietty, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I just finished 'I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream' a beautiful but short read, i actually enjoyed more than i thought i would. I was expecting it to be more disturbing but i found it tame compared to other books. I have 'The Bell Jar' on my kindle I'm excited to start it, I'm just hoping the racism isn't too bad, i struggle to read classics because of that.

• Informative
Reactions: Ironborn, jar-baby, annxietty and 3 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I haven't read anything in a few months but now that I might have just a little bit of time again I am going to read some of the shorter books that have been recommended to me or that I've heard about

I think I'll start with the book called Irene's Cunt by Louis Aragon the plot/concept sounds interesting and humorous

and because I probably wouldn't have time to finish George Batilles Story of The Eye well maybe I can since it is approximately 127 pages but Irene's Cunt is only 100 so maybe I will just do them in order from shortest to longest amount of pages

some other short books/novels in my list:

His Pain by Wrath James White

Woom by Duncan Ralston

Against Nature by Joris-Karl Huysmans

can't remember any others because I probably don't have them logged but these are the first that came to mind that happen to be less than 200 pages

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, annxietty and Praestat_Mori
trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Atomic America by Todd Tucker. Only read a bit of the first chapter but im excited to see what it has to offer.

Reactions: annxietty
Abhorrence2

Abhorrence2

May 5, 2024
1001 Nights

Reactions: annxietty and sserafim
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Currently reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. Still early so can't really give an opinion, although already the sheer number of characters is annoying me a bit, like in most of his books - can never remember who is who.

Also most of the way through Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor. A nice collection of short stories, often with sudden extreme endings.

Recently finished No Mercy: True Stories of Disaster, Survival and Brutality, which was quite fascinating. The raft of the medusa story was particularly interesting. I remember seeing the epic painting in Paris without knowing the background. Kinda want to see it again now.

I share your love for reading and always curse myself for not dedicating more time to it.

• Love
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Currently reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. Still early so can't really give an opinion, although already the sheer number of characters is annoying me a bit, like in most of his books - can never remember who is who.

Also most of the way through Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor. A nice collection of short stories, often with sudden extreme endings.

Recently finished No Mercy: True Stories of Disaster, Survival and Brutality, which was quite fascinating. The raft of the medusa story was particularly interesting. I remember seeing the epic painting in Paris without knowing the background. Kinda want to see it again now.

I share your love for reading and always curse myself for not dedicating more time to it.

Oh god, this reminded me when I tried to read Crime and Punishment and got so overwhelmed I stopped and decided that I would only read Dostoevsky if Im in the mood of writing notes while reading, its impossible to keep up with so many characters, and since im not from Russia the names are so difficult lmao The Idiot is a book I would like to read but only after I read Crime and Punishment lol

Im writing down everyone's books btw Im always happy to hear about new books!

Reactions: Apathy79
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Woom by Duncan Ralston
I read this one some time ago—it may not be everyone's cup of tea and it's definitely heavy on shock value, but I still found the characterization enjoyable enough. The writing is simple and it goes by fast. I read it in a day, divided into two sessions at most. Personally, I'd recommend it, especially to horror fans.

Reactions: psp3000
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Yeah I love Dostoevsky but it's difficult to leave his books for a week or 3 then try to pick up where you left off. OK if you read it everyday but otherwise it's very difficult to remember who everyone is and their backstories and how they all relate. Thats one advantage of Everything That Rises Must Converge (fiction short stories) and No Mercy (non-fiction short stories) - you can read an entire story in half an hour before bed, then not pick it up again for a month and just pick up with the next story without missing anything.
Oh god, this reminded me when I tried to read Crime and Punishment and got so overwhelmed I stopped and decided that I would only read Dostoevsky if Im in the mood of writing notes while reading, its impossible to keep up with so many characters, and since im not from Russia the names are so difficult lmao The Idiot is a book I would like to read but only after I read Crime and Punishment lol

Im writing down everyone's books btw Im always happy to hear about new books!

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Definitely not social cues

• Yay!
Reactions: surroundedbydemons
slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
currently reading "The Idiot by Dostoyevsky"
I like it so far!

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
Mein Kampf, unironically.
It's alright. It's rambling, sure, but putting aside the "morals" of it, it's still an interestnig read, and is good as period piece of the time it was written.

• Informative
Reactions: Saturn_, surroundedbydemons, Ironborn and 1 other person
bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
Its funny I have around 100 books. I have read about 5 and I am currently in a reading slump. I just don't have the energy to read anymore, nor the concentration. I wanna read about philosophe tho. I love motivational books, fantasy, and books about health. Any suggestions? Also how to get out of a reading slump?

Reactions: Saturn_
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I've just started 'The Twins of Auschwitz'.

Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
At the moment reading Earthsea: The First Four Books, really enjoying it, after that I might re-read some of the Discworld books, haven't read any of them in over ten years, loved them as a kid.

LilyLaroux2000

LilyLaroux2000

fairy
May 5, 2024
Im curently reading I fell in love with hope by Lancali. Its a really sad book and I recomend it strongly its so awesome I love it. But if you get triggered easily dont read it, the book mentiones suicide.

I also stoped reading because of my bad mental health and I picked it up again in the mental hospital a few weeks back. 🥹☺️💕
Books help me escape the harsh reality and Im here for it.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I really need to read more. Been wanting to read The Bell Jar because I love Sylvia Plath's poetry, I have copies of Ariel and The Colossus and Other Poems lying around somewhere in my room. Fascinating stuff.