• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I don't think you can, unless it's just forcing yourself through the motions. That no one has responded to this yet kind of says it all. Let me know if you figure something out. I've had bad anhedonia for a while now and basically it's like going through life looking for things to make me feel normal again. It's really easy to start self medicating with drugs or alcohol, or whatever your poison is.

AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
Your anhedonia is not taken into account when people judge you. Speaking from my experience, it took me a couple of months to make my close ones understand what I'm going through, and even now some of them just don't understand that nothing in life interests me enough to do anything.
People expect you to get outside and do activities - that's what life is from their pov, they don't understand how somebody may not like it.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
Your anhedonia is not taken into account when people judge you. Speaking from my experience, it took me a couple of months to make my close ones understand what I'm going through, and even now some of them just don't understand that nothing in life interests me enough to do anything.
People expect you to get outside and do activities - that's what life is from their pov, they don't understand how somebody may not like it.
What judgements are they making about me?

Reactions: iloverachel
AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
What judgements are they making about me?
I can't say how others judge you specifically, reference to "you" was figurative.
From my experience people expect me to behave and view world in certain ways, do certain stuff because they think there's nothing wrong.
To me nothing is worth it, most of the time I'd rather rot in my bed and there's no way to explain to others why or let them understand.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I can't say how others judge you specifically, reference to "you" was figurative.
From my experience people expect me to behave and view world in certain ways, do certain stuff because they think there's nothing wrong.
To me nothing is worth it, most of the time I'd rather rot in my bed and there's no way to explain to others why or let them understand.
I rot in bed and read. Nothing else seems worth doing.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
At least you have something
Yeah. Reading saved me from the suicide demon. I wonder if it's helpful to externalize problems and depict them as demons. What do you think?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
What keeps you from going out ? Any help or activities you can do with friends and family? Do you have work?
I feel stuck inside when I'm inside too long. No friends. My aging parents allow me to come over weekly for laundry. No job. Don't know where to go outside. Walking aimlessly at the park or the streets seems so pointless.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I feel stuck inside when I'm inside too long. No friends. My aging parents allow me to come over weekly for laundry. No job. Don't know where to go outside. Walking aimlessly at the park or the streets seems so pointless.
No matter how shitty I feel, I always come out of bed and out of my house. Mom helps me with that. She calls every morning for a short bicycle trip.

You feel stuck inside. You can listen to music or a podcast while walking. Keeping your body in motion can calm down your nerves so it's not aimless. The aim is to feel better.
Do you have professional help? Therapy?

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
No matter how shitty I feel, I always come out of bed and out of my house. Mom helps me with that. She calls every morning for a short bicycle trip.

You feel stuck inside. You can listen to music or a podcast while walking. Keeping your body in motion can calm down your nerves so it's not aimless. The aim is to feel better.
Do you have professional help? Therapy?
But I'd have to groom myself more and shower more. it's all so exhausting.

I have PTSD so being outside is stressful. I see a therapist.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
But I'd have to groom myself more and shower more. it's all so exhausting.

I have PTSD so being outside is stressful. I see a therapist.
I have trouble showering and shaving too. With depression everything can be exhausting.
How about a 5 minute walk for start? I can't imagine staying in bed all day helps in the long run.
What kind of therapy are you getting?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Why do you care about other people's judgement, expectations or opinions? It doesn't matter to me. I could not care less about what normies expect from me

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I have trouble showering and shaving too. With depression everything can be exhausting.
How about a 5 minute walk for start? I can't imagine staying in bed all day helps in the long run.
What kind of therapy are you getting?
Are you female? Shaving one's legs sounds exhausting.

I feel trapped in my room and can only leave if I run out of food, if I run out of clean clothes, etc.

PTSD therapy
Why do you care about other people's judgement, expectations or opinions? It doesn't matter to me. I could not care less about what normies expect from me
You're up early.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Are you female? Shaving one's legs sounds exhausting.

I feel trapped in my room and can only leave if I run out of food, if I run out of clean clothes, etc.

PTSD therapy

You're up early.
No I'm male but I need to shave my beard and even that is difficult chore while on depression. Still I believe staying in bed all day doesn't help. That's at least what all therapists say...

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
No I'm male but I need to shave my beard and even that is difficult chore while on depression. Still I believe staying in bed all day doesn't help. That's at least what all therapists say...
Shaving is drudgery. Showers are too. Brushing teeth makes me cough and choke every time.

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I can so relate
I have anhedonia too and loneliness
I lay in bed and rot
Like why even go outside? Where am I supposed to even go I'm not welcome or accepted anywhere

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I can so relate
I have anhedonia too and loneliness
I lay in bed and rot
Like why even go outside? Where am I supposed to even go I'm not welcome or accepted anywhere
The park which sucks. Stores but only when necessary so like once a week. Can't think of anything else.

• Love