• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
That way you can feel you like life enough to continue on to die a much worse horrible death later on because it's not a question of if you die it's when, either way you face complete annihilation. Even the stars are just dust in the wind. An eternal neutral, no chaos, stability. Why wouldn't you want to suffer for something that has no proven meaning? After all you can always just pretend like meaning exists. You can even feel fulfilled in those moments when you fulfill desire.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, VincentValentine, shadow11 and 10 others
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Why do normal people not seem to understand this?

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, VincentValentine, Smilla and 2 others
T

Tiburcio

I used to tell people things like "why should I do x thing of I'm going to die anyway".

They called me crazy.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Why do normal people not seem to understand this?

Mostly Propaganda,-we are actually taught from a young age an inevitable neutral is terrible the worse thing ever, while life an chaotic desire is the greatest gift even though you don't have a choice. We know it's most just societal stances/stigma because suicide has been seen as respectable in many cultures etc.

Some others are Immortality projects-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Denial_of_Death
Survival instinct-an innate instinct that always wants to live no matter what the circumstance is, mutual collectivism- Beating stuff up together is stronger than alone so everyone must live.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, VincentValentine, skitliv and 2 others
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I used to tell people things like "why should I do x thing of I'm going to die anyway".

They called me crazy.

That is because people like to pretend like they are not going to die, which is terrible for society.

Reactions: VincentValentine, Tiburcio and Mecha Man
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
That is because people like to pretend like they are not going to die, which is terrible for society.

lol, I don't think this was intended to be funny but I laughed

Reactions: Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

Oh yes I agree so much.

People constantly torture themselves and suffer endeavors for trying to make their lifes a bit longer, but some of them keep this so far than sometimes I think people really thinks they will live forever or something.

In addition to this, lots of persons value more quantity than quality, they prefer doing inhuman effort trying to extend their lifes a bit more than living less time but in a decent condition.

Reactions: Dip and skitliv
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Oh yes I agree so much.

People constantly torture themselves and suffer endeavors for trying to make their lifes a bit longer, but some of them keep this so far than sometimes I think people really thinks they will live forever or something.

In addition to this, lots of persons value more quantity than quality, they prefer doing inhuman effort trying to extend their lifes a bit more than living less time but in a decent condition.

it's so much worse than your thinking. This is from Earnest Becker he received a noble prize for this.

This symbolic self-focus takes the form of an individual's "immortality project" (or "causa sui project"), which is essentially a symbolic belief-system that ensures oneself is believed superior to physical reality. By successfully living under the terms of the immortality project, people feel they can become heroic and, henceforth, part of something eternal; something that will never die as compared to their physical body. This, in turn, gives people the feeling that their lives have meaning, a purpose, and are significant in the grand scheme of things.

Becker argues that the arbitrariness of human-invented immortality projects makes them naturally prone to conflict. When one immortality project conflicts with another, it is essentially an accusation of 'wrongness of life', and so sets the context for both aggressive and defensive behavior. Each party will want to prove its belief system is superior, a better way of life. Thus these immortality projects are considered a fundamental driver of human conflict, such as in WARS, BIGOTRY, GENOCIDE, and RACISM.

Or in other words refusing to accept death is a primary driver for war, bigotry, genocide and racism on top of what you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: skitliv and Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

it's so much worse than your thinking. This is from Earnest Becker he received a noble prize for this.

This symbolic self-focus takes the form of an individual's "immortality project" (or "causa sui project"), which is essentially a symbolic belief-system that ensures oneself is believed superior to physical reality. By successfully living under the terms of the immortality project, people feel they can become heroic and, henceforth, part of something eternal; something that will never die as compared to their physical body. This, in turn, gives people the feeling that their lives have meaning, a purpose, and are significant in the grand scheme of things.

Becker argues that the arbitrariness of human-invented immortality projects makes them naturally prone to conflict. When one immortality project conflicts with another, it is essentially an accusation of 'wrongness of life', and so sets the context for both aggressive and defensive behavior. Each party will want to prove its belief system is superior, a better way of life. Thus these immortality projects are considered a fundamental driver of human conflict, such as in WARS, BIGOTRY, GENOCIDE, and RACISM.

Or in other words refusing to accept death is a primary driver for war, bigotry, genocide and racism on top of what you said.
Of course is worse than I said. I only put examples of my everyday life, specially that ones harmed me directly but the problem is bigger.

Honestly I don't care about this things anymore. I assumed this world is a madhouse and I can't do anything.

Anyway, I'm going to die so who cares.

Reactions: MAIO
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Of course is worse than I said. I only put examples of my everyday life, specially that ones harmed me directly but the problem is bigger.

Honestly I don't care about this things anymore. I assumed this world is a madhouse and I can't do anything.

Anyway, I'm going to die so who cares.

It's pretty funny to realize the main driver of pro life thinking, the same refusal to accept death that is the primary driver that prevents people from suicide forcing them to suffer, also is the primary driver of war and genicide. Realizing I face annihilation either way has made preparing for suicide so much easier, I can truly say I am ready.

Reactions: skitliv and Tiburcio
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
This is from Earnest Becker he received a noble prize for this.

Nope, Ernest Becker was awarded a Pulitzer Prize, not a Nobel Prize.

Reactions: Tiburcio
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
You are right. The nobel prize has loss all meaning to me in recent years anyways.

Is part of that from seeing people like Barack Obama receive one? ^^

Reactions: Strumgewehr