• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
so im testing out different knots for a partial hanging, but im not so sure if im doing it "correctly"
im not knowledgable about these things whatsoever, and i tested a slipknot and im not sure if itll work correctly...
i read that slipknots get the job done but i just wanna be confident before giving it a go, so does it really matter which one i use?

Reactions: Forveleth
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
I think you want wider cordage, and a slipknot, and place it below one of your ears.

Reactions: $crim
Upvote 0
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
The difference is what tightens the loop. In a noose knot, pressure of the anchor side tightens the knot while in a slipknot, pressure on the tail side tight be the knot. Technically it doesn't matter which you do
They are both the same knot just mirror images of one another. However, the noose knot will tighten as you hang so it is preferred.

Reactions: $crim
Upvote 0
$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
I think you want wider cordage, and a slipknot, and place it below one of your ears.
oh absolutely, i completely forgot about that tidbit
ive been practicing with a super long phone charger, about 6 ft long i believe. its super thin, so ill definitely have to size up when it comes time

Reactions: Jorms_McGander
Upvote 0
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
The difference is what tightens the loop. In a noose knot, pressure of the anchor side tightens the knot while in a slipknot, pressure on the tail side tight be the knot. Technically it doesn't matter which you do
They are both the same knot just mirror images of one another. However, the noose knot will tighten as you hang so it is preferred.
If you just do a square knot around the length of the cordage? That tightens under pressure too

Upvote 0