• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I definitely don't post on here like I used to, I decided I kinda wanted to post and just talk about how my life is going. Both the good and bad, but I do think there's more good than bad to be honest.

So this probably won't be chronological as much as it's just me unloading everything lol. First off, I've applied for University, got my community college transcripts sent in, the high school transcripts are still pending acceptance, should be in tomorrow though, and I paid the $25 application fee. After that, I'll have to apply for scholarships and stuff, hopefully get some decent ones since I am aware university will be more costly than my current community college. Also, once I'm there, I want to try and join clubs, take a rock climbing class (they offer classes in the recreation center certain days in the late evening). I primarily want to just try and immerse myself in the college experience, and I plan on seeking part-time on-campus employment.

I finished an extracurricular program right before my summer break began, and now I wait to hear back on acceptance for the next portion, which is a positive. Another positive is I essentially told my ex to keep her distance, something I know I previously couldn't do. I'm proud of myself for that. Currently, over the summer break, been working on my LinkedIn and learning some Java.

As far as negatives, there aren't a ton. A stray cat at my grandpa's passed away so I buried him. I'm insanely nervous as my next semester, which is Fall 2024, is the last at the CC. I also didn't fill out the scholarship form yet and can't since I'm not admitted yet so I don't know what I'll be eligible for a ton, but we'll have to wait and see. Also just a lot of general uncertainty about the future in general, but it seems to be looking up.

Maybe there's hope for my future

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
@ThatStateOfMind you should consider yourself lucky; not everyone gets a personal taste of @jar-baby 's humor.
I feel very honored lol, and at least my self learning pays off since I know the code (granted it's simple lmao)

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I feel very honored lol, and at least my self learning pays off since I know the code (granted it's simple lmao)
I kind of want to learn too because I can't stand the idea of missing out on @jar-baby 's content.

Sorry about your cat by the way. I guess it was the one you mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I kind of want to learn too because I can't stand the idea of missing out on @jar-baby 's content.

Sorry about your cat by the way I guess it was the one you mentioned.
I mean, it's not too bad to learn so far, but I haven't really delved into the harder stuff.

Thank you, but it wasn't mine, but it was a stray that got injured at my grandpa's, I was taking care of him and really hoping he would pull through. He lived at my grandpa's house for years.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I mean, it's not too bad to learn so far, but I haven't really delved into the harder stuff.

Thank you, but it wasn't mine, but it was a stray that got injured at my grandpa's, I was taking care of him and really hoping he would pull through. He lived at my grandpa's house for years.
You still were attached to him. He had a rough and tough life and now he's at peace at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind