• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I currently watch my favorite philosophy show. This week the topic is fringe internet forums. I am at the start of the video but I think they are mostly politics related. But they already mentioned incels. One of the interviewed people was undercover part of such forums. Seemingly some neo-nazis create video games to spread their propaganda. I don't want to compare us with neo-nazis. But it made me think how a SaSu video game would look like.

Maybe a suicide or suicidality simulator. Maybe as VR game which would be like a torture simulation. (called my life).
Or maybe similar to how I played GTA 5 as teenager namely to kill myself in spectacular ways. I can remember how I jumped from very high heights to get a feeling how it is to jump. There was a little bit of adrenaline involved despite the fact it was a game. And it made me think that I might be capable of that method. However, I am not sure anymore. The feeling when I stood at a balcony in real life was different.

Or it could be a pac-man game where pro-lifers try to catch members of SaSu.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I imagine creating some kind of video game that's ultimately extremely unfun to play is probably the best metaphor most Sanctioned Suicide members could hope for in effectively communicating how shitty life is. Maybe a game where all the menus and buttons are intentionally slow and buggy. Every action has seventy frames of input lag. The game could be filled with deranged noises and constant pressure to succeed in impossible tasks that ultimately will net very disappointing rewards. Basically the idea is to design a game so frustrating that the only way to win is to give up.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I imagine creating some kind of video game that's ultimately extremely unfun to play is probably the best metaphor most Sanctioned Suicide members could hope for in effectively communicating how shitty life is. Maybe a game where all the menus and buttons are intentionally slow and buggy. Every action has seventy frames of input lag. The game could be filled with deranged noises and constant pressure to succeed in impossible tasks that ultimately will net very disappointing rewards. Basically the idea is to design a game so frustrating that the only way to win is to give up.
Actually this answer is pretty creative.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I imagine some kind of huge unsolvable maze game with loads of weird liminal spaces paired with 'Squid Game' where the 'prize' is a simple and effective suicide method.

We all come here in utter desperation, flounder about through spaces that seem familiar but aren't. We look for connections with other people who seem familiar but also aren't always and we can never exactly find what we're looking for because it's behind some huge illegal paywall.

It's a comfort of sorts but ultimately, it's a guide to the real world where the actual prize- should we reach the centre of the maze and get our method will involve a whole bunch of real life risk.

S

Slough Walker

Apr 22, 2024
Remember the Suicide Mouse meme? It would be like that but taking place in the Peanuts universe. A platformer with a Charlie Brown-type character wearing a hoodie and walking alone through a suburban neighborhood on a chilly wind-swept autumn afternoon toward his final destination.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I'd probably title my game "First Person Shooter." It would pretty much be like the old Doom game, but the only person in the maze is you. You'd still have a redonkulous number of guns and endless ammo, like on Doom's "Postal Mode." There's just nothing to shoot at. Your bullets do minor damage to the walls, and that's it. Even shooting with a neverending ammunition supply is extremely unsatisfying and frustrating, which is the point. Sooner or later, it'll occur to the player that they can just shoot themselves. At least that might be entertaining for about a second.

If the player does shoot themselves, there's some kind of "WINNER!" splash screen and they get some arbitrary number of "points," which cannot be redeemed for anything whatsoever. They also get "awarded" extra lives. So when they respawn in the maze, they're now harder to kill. Eventually, offing yourself becomes this baroque Mission-Impossible-style self assassination. If you can defeat the final boss (which is still you), a bus crashes through the wall of the maze. On its destination sign it lists two totally random cities, like San Francisco and Beijing, and then the third one just says, "To infinity, and beyond!" As the game credits roll, we get a video of you boarding the bus, and then a "stationary camera" stays behind to "film" your bus driving further and further away. Fade to black as the credits end. (Okay, this is probably computer animation and as such there is no literal camera, but whatever.)

Rocinante

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
Would probably be something like this

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I'm answering with a different approach from everyone, something like Spiritfarer. Spiritfarer is a game that revolves around death, it's about grief and moving on. You help your fellow spirits with their last wishes and then you ferry them to the evergate where you say goodbye. The evergate is not suicide in any way, but the game felt like what it is to be in a pro choice community. You know the people you meet are going to be dead, probably very soon, but you still spend time with them, get to know them, and be there for them.

I'm thinking a game with smth acting as a metaphor for death like Spiritfarer, maybe a gate, maybe a pit, maybe a forest. You play as the leader of a sancturary, where the broken and abandoned find refuge. You listen to their woes and stories, why they want to die, or in this case let's just say pass through a gate. You do your best to make their life better, or fulfill any last wishes, then when the time comes, they go to the gate. Or maybe they do end up leaving your sancturary and joining society again. Whatever their decision is, you do not interferr, you simply do your best to carry out their requests. There will be requests you cannot fulfill because some problems just cannot be solved. There will be people that still choose to die even though you fulfilled all their wishes, but you made their final days better. And of course the people who recover. The game will tell the player that nobody knows what's beyond the gate and will never tell the player that it represents death. I think this will act as a buffer to make the idea more acceptable. I think showing suicide and suicide idealation from the prespective of us can also help people change their minds since nobody tells our side of the story. As for gameplay, I want some combat for the sake of it, but I don't think it should be combat focused, I think it should be exploration focused as combat can be stressful and the themes in the game is already pretty stressful as it is.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
not sasu specific (technically in the world presented itd definitely exist) i always imagined a world maybe a game kind of setting where communities of people online would be presented in a parallel world, i always imagined my persona; corner as a desert with a brutalist concrete megacity in the heart and the desert surrounds are all nomads with some temporary and abandoned towns (different communities and things different biomes and towns). everyone is a skeleton, with one visible organ, whichever is most important to them in their life. they wear different objects as heads, and have their own skills and powers and dress, basically how they "present" themselves online or how they'd like to. this line of imagination had alot of themes of suicide and death and despair (i know i sound edgy, but its just based off what i know of my experiences online i dont really want to elaborate idk), when people "log off" and don't live online as much or die etc etc their skeleton body turns more human and represents whatever damage was done in certain situations, either they rot away or bloom. gamewise itd be a 2d fighter with rpg/visual novel elements and be very surreal and you can choose and unlock multiple people's stories, all which are vastly different as you travel through their memories. in one memory the same situation could be presented as a pirate tale, to another perosn's it would be a court case and so on and so forth. it would be a deep delve into different people's lives, their philosophy and character, and how their connections online change them.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Student
May 9, 2024
SN tycoon.
Better yet, N tycoon. Or maybe make a Kenneth Law simulator and see how far you can get.

I also think that a version of crossy road where you purposely get run over by cars and trains would be fun.

Last edited: