• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I cry multiple hours a day and get headaches from it. When I don't cry, I have overwhelming sadness that almost literally hurts in my entire body, like as if my veins want to explode. I have to physically strain to not burst into tears when interacting with people, both family and strangers.

I am on Agomelatine after SSRI didn't do anything, but the Ago doesn't do anything either. I will ask my doctor to try something else if it exists.

Has anyone here had success with some kind of anti-depressant where it toned down your extreme emotions of sadness and crying?

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I've been on lots of antidepressants and the only one that made a difference was Wellbutrin. It acted more like a mild upper and took the edge off. Do you like meds that boost your mood or calm you down? I would say Wellbutrin is better for people that are looking for a mood boost.

Reactions: wisteria3
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I've been on lots of antidepressants and the only one that made a difference was Wellbutrin. It acted more like a mild upper and took the edge off. Do you like meds that boost your mood or calm you down? I would say Wellbutrin is better for people that are looking for a mood boost.
Bummer. In my country Wellbutrin is mainly prescribed for people who want to stop smoking. But I'll ask my doctor. What I need is to calm down the extreme crying, I don't even care about mood boost, I would rather just be numb and apathetic. When I abused illegal oxycodone it did that for me, totally careless for over 6 hours, but tolerance rises so fast that it became too expensive and doctors will NEVER prescribe that for mental pain, I don't know why. Isn't mental pain also physical since it's the brain?