• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
It's valid if others feel differently about it, but if someone said it to me, it's be counterproductive. It'd make me want to do it even more, just to prove that I have free will and no one can control me.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, sserafim and divinemistress36
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I know people who believe their life is not their's to take, not that they usually think of taking their own life. I'm sure I fit into that group without directly stating it: not ctb'ing when my kid was young (still a bit of a pull), taking care of my mother. Some people feel this way towards pets. If you asked them they'd state it differently but there's something that keeps them here. That's how I interpret his phrase, not in a religious sense although that is certainly a case for some people. But not everybody has those ties so it doesn't apply universally as a stop on hitting the self-checkout lane.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Beyond_Repair, sserafim and 2 others
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
why isn't it reasonable to ask why we, as sentient creatures have been made sentient and are being put through suffering? Why is that non sensical? You can say it's not our place to ask. We don't have the right to question God. That's not the same thing as it not making sense to ask
It's not that you don't have right to ask but there's no point of it ,my point is religion is old nonsense, your attempt to rationalize it will failed because people who created it tried to explain the world through their limited percpective. You can't understand the incomprehensible.
If obedience is the most prized attribute, why create us so we can disobey? I think God is in to some weird sado-masochism shit.
God is perspective, humans saw stones, astronomical objects, abstract Ideas and nature as gods. The traditional religions "Islam and Christianity" became more like slavery tools to adjust people to society. They lost their holiness that if they had some of it in first place. To me disobedience and embracement of the unconventional as holy is liberation of individual minds from reason.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Forever Sleep and sserafim
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
He's just a clueless boomer

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and sserafim
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
One of the dumbest reasons, i'm a hardcore atheist, i've been indoctrinated since childhood into religious beliefs and for a long time i was a extremist, eventually i figured out religion is a fraud, i'm very certain that my life is mine to take, and everyone's life is their own to take, this is nothing but a pathetic attempt to scare you into thinking maybe eternal hell awaits you, the whole thing preys on your fears of hell that comes as a result of indoctrination since childhood, which is DIGUSTING

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Forever Sleep, Ironborn and 1 other person
Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
I try to stay as far away from "god botherers" as possible.
All their arguments are circular and they are masters of word salad.
"How do you know god exists?"
"Because the bible says so.'
Proceeds to recite and list off a dozen passages from the bible.
"How does that prove anything?"
"Because it's in the bible."

There is no winning with them, they also claim objective morality exists because of god and without him morality is relative.
No shit Sherlock, morality is absolutely relative to where in the world you come from and the society you grow up in.
Also if the only reason you are a good person and follow the law is because of sky daddy I suspect you are not a very good person to begin with.

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, sserafim and Forever Sleep
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Our lives belong to Jordan B. Peterson.

• Yay!
Reactions: fleetingnight, pilotviolin, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't think it is unforgivable sin in Christianity, because Jesus' sacrifice on the cross offers forgiveness for all sins for those who believe in him, the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

In islam, if somebody commits suicide they have to go to hell to purify themselves from it then go to heaven, the only unforgivable sin is disbelief in Allah.

'Whoever throws himself from a mountain and thus kills himself, will be in the fire of Hell throwing himself eternally therein forever abiding. And whoever ingests poison and thus kills himself, will be in the fire of Hell eternally ingesting the poison by his hand therein forever abiding. And whoever kills himself with an iron implement, will be in the fire of Hell eternally stabbing himself in his stomach with his own hand therein forever abiding.' (Sahih al-Bukhari, 5778).

Forever implies just for long time not enternity.

Also The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said, "If somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Judgment" (Sahih Bukhari)

That's explain why Muslims don't commit suicide as much as the western men even tho their lives are unfair in dictatorial counties.
Actually, it's important to note that suicides in Islamic majority countries tend to go underreported or are misrepresented as other things, such as death from an accident, meaning that we don't know for sure if Muslims really do ctb less on average or not.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, sserafim and jar-baby
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't see how my life could be "not mine to take", even if there was a higher power it makes no difference. Also that quote about suicidal people burning in hell is so cruel, can you imagine saying that about someone who died.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
This consciousness grew only in this brain in my skull.

Only I can suffer the unbearable pain my body and my brain can inflict on my consciousness.

Only I know my suffering and situations.

This life of mine torture prison of course I have the right to get rid of this abomination

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironborn, not-2-b-the-answer and sserafim
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
JP can yap for 30 minutes straight and convince you absolutely nothing.

• Yay!
Reactions: fleetingnight, not-2-b-the-answer and sserafim
maneose

maneose

Sep 10, 2023
I kinda like the quote but probably not for the reason others would say. For quite a while I've fantasized about getting murdered, daydreaming of walking out at night and getting kidnapped and all that stuff. So if it is set in stone that my life is "not for mine to take" that's fine by me as long as someone else takes it for me lol.

• Hugs
returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
As usual Jordan P spouts nonsense as a pseudo intellectual twat.

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, sserafim, fleetingnight and 1 other person
crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
I disagree. If you are religious, sure, you are going to believe your life is not yours to take because it's a gift, given to you by a higher power, no matter how you call it. Your life certainly doesn't belong to your loved ones, I find this guilt-tripping and it doesn't sit well with me honestly. So since I'm not religious, I feel free to CTB, these arguments don't stop me. I'm not planning to do it in the near future, but theoretically, nothing like a moral stance would stop me. I haven't been brought here with my consent, so at least I can exit when I want.

B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Someone posted a thread about Jordan B. Peterson's reasons not to commit suicide and I read an article about it. This one particularly stood out to me

"Number 4: 'Don't be so sure your life is yours to take'
The fourth and final reason I found particularly moving. He says that maybe your life doesn't belong to you. 'Don't be so sure your life is yours to take. You don't own yourself the way you own an object. If you're religious, maybe your life belongs to a higher power. Or if you're not religious, maybe it belongs to your loved ones or some greater cause.' In true Peterson fashion, he takes the religious option: 'you have a moral obligation to yourself as a locus of divine value.'"

What do you think of this quote? Do you believe that our lives are not our own to take? Personally, I find this invalidating. I shouldn't be obligated to live for other people

Jordan Peterson certainly assumed his life was his own, when he completely risked it — as well as his health — by flying to Russia to get put in a medically-induced coma in order to help him overcome a benzodiazapine addiction he got himself into.

These people are always the biggest hypocrites.

A person's life is their own, the only exception — in my opinion — is if one has young children/dependants who rely upon them; you have a duty of care to those under your guardianship/custody.

Other than that, your life is yours to take. Disregard grifters like Jordan Peterson and religious fundamentalists.
I don't think it is unforgivable sin in Christianity, because Jesus' sacrifice on the cross offers forgiveness for all sins for those who believe in him, the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

In islam, if somebody commits suicide they have to go to hell to purify themselves from it then go to heaven, the only unforgivable sin is disbelief in Allah.

'Whoever throws himself from a mountain and thus kills himself, will be in the fire of Hell throwing himself eternally therein forever abiding. And whoever ingests poison and thus kills himself, will be in the fire of Hell eternally ingesting the poison by his hand therein forever abiding. And whoever kills himself with an iron implement, will be in the fire of Hell eternally stabbing himself in his stomach with his own hand therein forever abiding.' (Sahih al-Bukhari, 5778).

Forever implies just for long time not enternity.

Also The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said, "If somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Judgment" (Sahih Bukhari)

That's explain why Muslims don't commit suicide as much as the western men even tho their lives are unfair in dictatorial counties.

LOL Islam has a massive problem with suicide, usually involving explosives/attacks.
The perpetrators all seem to believe they'll be fast-tracked straight to Jannah with their Houris for committing suicide for Jihad.

Last edited: