• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Society recognizes the dead weight of their outcasts who can't fit into the industry, so they push them into becoming monks. They tell them they can't reproduce so their bad genetics can't spread, and tell them to give up worldly possessions to minimize the costs of maintaining them. It would be inhumane (to the general public) to just euthanize all of their mentally disabled people, so they glorify them by sending them into temples to become these holy monks.

So as an outcast, should I become a monk too?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I heard that temples require a lot of social interaction though. They are basically a small society, just cut off from the world. You will have to socialize everyday there, and it's inescapable. It's not a place for autists in my opinion. I'm better suited to being a NEET

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
Nope, I'm autistic and not sociable, I would just get burned out with places like that. I was thinking of going monk but I doubt those places are for me.

Reactions: sserafim
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I wanted to be a nun for a long time. I'm a huge atheist so it didn't work out but yeah I think religious life often serves the purpose you're describing.

thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024
I have stayed in strict Buddhist monasteries and it is very full on. Even when you're in silence. I felt quite pressured and like I was suffocating. Maybe I would have got used to it.