• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulessbunny

soulessbunny

Oct 27, 2023
Hi all, so as the title says anyone else grow up with weird family.
I mean I'm not a daddy's girl or ,mommys girl, sorta mix between. From the outside I looked like the happy kid, yet, I was told I talked too much so literally stopped(only to answer when spoke to) for years., I could sing like my voice was on mute or ppl were deaf lol. Told crying was a weakness, so didn't matter if sibling punched me in ribs, or if mother hit me on shoulders and made blood blisters appear. (Yep I got hit by all siblings and both parents yet I still put everyone before me lol -Yet got in trouble for not crying when gran died … Had a room so cold, it literally stopped me aging, skin wise (lol totally true). I guess I was brought up by two parents, and oddly my dad like me more than rest of my siblings cos I was too smart for a girl lol yet when he got dementia (from cancer spreading to brain after nhs stopped treatment(too expensive for an older person<not cost efficient)) he remembered me perfectly not anyone else.. so from having my weird family, I grew up knowing how to cook, repair things, draw, visualise things in 360 degrees in my head) read books like the hobbit when I was 6, know all Latin names of plants and animals, know how to grow stuff oh and not see the need to cry when something hurts, I mean didn't other children cut their legs open and just walk home after realising, just casually no tears even if cud see shinbone. lol..,

So anyone else relate to weird upbringings?

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Student
May 9, 2024
Rich parents that are very well-known in the community, sexually abused by my dad, emotionally abused by my mom. From the outside it looked like I was handed the world on a silver platter, but squandered it all. People can assume what they want; it's not worth the time to explain anything to them. I acknowledge that I was incredibly privileged in certain aspects. However, I reserve the right to consider my upbringing to be bad.

Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I was born out of bedlock. My dad's been absent for most of my life, so all the duties fell on my mom. Due to her job, I've had an economically stable life; never suffered from poverty. She was loving, but absent. Struggled making connections with other kids my age, expressing my emotions and standing up for myself. Got many toys, but not a lot of attention. Academically gifted, which worsened my emotional state. Was raised almost exclusively by women, turned out to be a guy. I have a lot of "family members" that aren't blood related, but rather were mom's close friends from university or work (can't complain though, I like them). My parents are bookworms, so I had a lot of books growing up. Despite the money, none of my close family members knew how to drive, so I was accustomed to public transportation.

Perhaps not "weird", but I've always felt odd about my life. I recognize I've been priviledged enough to not suffer from certain types of opression, yet, what I've gone through has worn me down.​

Reactions: Forveleth
fleshgarden

fleshgarden

Student
Mar 15, 2023
I think so. I Don't really know what's "normal" really but besides it being traumatic I guess it was weird. I was born hard of hearing and sometimes I think about how that's strange. I had a good upbringing because my mom lived with her mom even though my birthdad as I was told was rude and absent a lot of times. my nana let me go to dance classes very young and I was spoiled but very sweet and very outgoing. it got worse when my mom met my stepdad, they were alchoholic druggies when they got together. they would fight and yell a lot. we moved a lot until I was 4, maybe 5 times I think. I was allowed to watch watch any movies I wanted and I watched a lot of violent or vulgar movies with my parents (I mention this because people seem surprised when I tell them my favorite movies from when I was young) I began to be affected by my stepdad's violent nature but I didn't change a lot as a person. I was sexually abused and I grew up being very sexual online starting at age 6. I started getting screamed at and hit and witnessing violent fights everyday (even now I still have cardboard covering up my broken wall where my dad pushed my mom into it.) but I found comfort in the internet and I just expressed any of my bothers through media I liked and I was very happy as a child despite being threatened and talked down on everyday. I get so frustrated that no one ever ever knew what I went through because I loved it at school and I was so happy at school with my weird friends. I was like that until the trauma and agony caught up to me at age 10-11. don't know how it caught up to me. I think that would be the last interesting part up til now lol its just me being depressed