• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
This CareBear society sucks. People have devolved so far that they're concerned with being offended by things. I belong in the ancient world where PTSD was common and useful. A place so savage that every day was a fight for survival. The modern world's fight for survival is driving through traffic to a job to earn money to buy food at a grocery store. Pathetic.

And saying "well, go out into the woods then," is stupid because the world has been ruined by modernity. There shouldn't be 8 billion people. There should be millions and we should be in tribes. That's where our meaning lies and is gone forever.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I agree with the sentiment. We definitely are too quick to be offended and take things personally, which holds us back from growth. You often can't suggest someone isn't seeing things clearly. If they're having a problem, it's the world's fault, not theirs. Those millennia where people were able to live stable, happy lives? They're all wrong and too stupid to realize they should have been miserable. Nothing is wrong with any of us.

The truth is that no one is perfect and we all have things we need to work on. Softness holds us back.

I'll say that simply blaming it on modernity is an oversimplification. I don't see a reason why you can't have loving communities and video conferencing. I'd say we leaned on advancements too much and got lazy, not correcting for big changes to our lifestyles.

Example: "hey, ya'll I get that we have more info now and a lot of us are pretty sure there's no god. That said, maybe there was actually something positive about going to church every sunday and seeing the same 100 or so people from your community and having that connection and sense of belonging. So, maybe if we're all going to stop going to church we should try to fill that void with something." But that didn't happen and now we're disconnected.

Reactions: xinino
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
You know what is more pathetic, it is fight for survival with rules, what the point of human right, law, democracy.. they only made them to control the game.
I think tribal life would suck just as much.
Yeah, I can guess why you said that.
They're your family. 50-150 people who would've known you since you were a baby. People that would have had your back til the bitter end.

It's what we evolved for, not the current society. All our unfulfilled needs were met in that era.
That's Charles Manson and Ted Kaczynski pills vibe, I like it.
I'll say that simply blaming it on modernity is an oversimplification
Who are you even? Every intellectual and philosopher who I know blames modernity in some way or another, help me out here, even Elon Musk seems sus lately with his depressed ass, the only optimistic people I know are e/acc. It would feel better if you just acknowledged the hell we are living in and encouraged us to live with it or change it at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambivalent1
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Who are you even? Every intellectual and philosopher who I know blames modernity in some way or another, help me out here, even Elon Musk seems sus lately with his depressed ass, the only optimistic people I know are e/acc. It would feel better if you just acknowledged the hell we are living in and encouraged us to live with it or change it at least.
lol I said it was an oversimplification, not that everything is hunky-dory. I acknowledge that we fucked everything up and the modern world has a lot of problems, I just don't think that no matter what path you went down the second you got to the internet you were boned.

I will always believe in individual people, though. I think we can be better and do better at any point, and if enough people decide to be better and do better the effects will spread to society at large.

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
You know what is more pathetic, it is fight for survival with rules, what the point of human right, law, democracy.. they only made them to control the game.

Yeah, I can guess why you said that.

That's Charles Manson and Ted Kaczynski pills vibe, I like it.

"I must return to the past." Samurai jack

• Yay!
Reactions: xinino