• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

why am i alive?

why am i alive?

Look where i ended
Oct 18, 2023
Hello. I am contemplating methods rn and thought about jumping off the nearby bridge.
The bridge is pretty high at around 10 meter minimum. Below is a street with fast traffic. The speed limit is at 80 km/h wich I think is around 47 miles per hour (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know If the impact alone will kill me but I believe that the cars will definitely make it a quick death. Obviously the timing needs to be perfekt and I can't be seen.

Do you think this would work? What are your research results on this topic?

• Hugs
Reactions: iloverachel
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
10 meters doesn't seem high enough to be a near certainty. 1 of the things I worry about is being nearly killed but surviving with even more and worse disabilities than I already have. 19 or 20 floors up minimum. I think there are probably plenty of people who have survived falls 10 or even 20 meters. A guy jumped from the top of a 6 floor parking garage and broke nearly every bone in his body but survived. That's the worst possible outcome. Long hospital stay probably and also getting sent to 1 of the horrible so-called mental health facilities which I have never seen 1 that could possibly be good for anyone's mental health.

Reactions: DepressedDude, iloverachel, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 2 others
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I just read something about the iconic golden gate bridge that listed it at 68 meters. More suicides than any other bridge. I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 100

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Thanks is for this share. I'm curious about the source.

This also may be helpful - from Geo Stone, Suicide and Attempted Suicide:
Hello. I am contemplating methods rn and thought about jumping off the nearby bridge.
The bridge is pretty high at around 10 meter minimum. Below is a street with fast traffic. The speed limit is at 80 km/h wich I think is around 47 miles per hour (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know If the impact alone will kill me but I believe that the cars will definitely make it a quick death. Obviously the timing needs to be perfekt and I can't be seen.

Do you think this would work? What are your research results on this topic?

I feel this isn't high enough to be reliable. I also feel it may be good to consider the high impact on the drivers below. Personally, I would want to avoid harm to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and why am i alive?
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
This height is absolutely not enough.
You'll likely end up alive with broken bones and potentially paralyzed.
100' or 31 meters is the absolute minimum that I would consider, personally.

Reactions: why am i alive?, chestnut, DepressedDude and 1 other person
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Thanks is for this share. I'm curious about the source.

This also may be helpful - from Geo Stone, Suicide and Attempted Suicide:
View attachment 140252

I feel this isn't high enough to be reliable. I also feel it may be good to consider the high impact on the drivers below. Personally, I would want to avoid harm to others.
I found this information on this website.

The height that is written is for people who want to be sure that a fall will kill them.
I think so.
You can jump from a lower height, but you can reduce your chance of successfully dying.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
Hello my friend, I am sorry you are in pain and want to die

Like others have said, 10 meters is definitely not high enough for instant death. And also, there is a chance the drivers might see you fall, and if they have fast reaction times, they could easily slow down, causing you permanent damage, paralyzing you possibly and you could survive and be in worst pain.

I am not trying to stop you from your attempts to ctb, just pointing out this isn't the most effective method and that I wouldn't want you injured badly and surviving.

Best wishes

Reactions: chestnut
C

chestnut

in limbo
May 6, 2024
As others have pointed out already, 10 meters is too low. A guy at a former appartment complex shatttered his feet when he tried to CTB from the top floor (11 meters) and is very alive and bound to a wheelchair. Also, depending where you fall, you might harm others. Like crashing through the windshield for example.

Ultimately this is of course your choice and I have no say in it. I wish you the best.

S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
This is one of my methods of choices while being loaded off alcohol and pills, but not where cars are driving. I wouldn't want to traumatize anyone else.

Reactions: Ash