• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I have so many compulsion s that has to do with movement on both my arm s and leg s that I am starting to experience fati gue and so reness. Mostly on my leg s as of now, my arm s are fine although they are getting fa tigued also. While I am planning on working on st opping or atle ast le ssen the amount of compulsion s, it will obiovsly no t happen straight aw ay, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to mini mize the ri sk of any kind of in juri es or comp lication s from ov er us ing my limb s until I am able to st op? Does anyone have any tip or trick s that coul d help? I really do no t want to develop any long term comp lication s from my comp ulsion s. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024
Is it like restless leg syndrome? There is a lot of discussion online about RLS and various treatments to try. You can even get RX to help.

Upvote 0
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Is it like restless leg syndrome? There is a lot of discussion online about RLS and various treatments to try. You can even get RX to help.
No, it is no t. Compulsion s are when you feel that you have to do a ri tual, like for example tapping your finger s five time s, to prevent something b ad from happening. It is like a ba d anx iety but you are fo rced to do physical thing s to calm it do wn. Although some compulsion s, or rath er ob session s in that case I belive, can be about keeping thing s in the correct place and/or in the correct order or ev en av oiding certain thing s and place s witch I also have. I could explain fu rther, but tbh there is a lot of article s you can read online. It is called ocd btw. Thank you though :)

• Hugs
Reactions: escape_from_hell
Upvote 0
C

ConfusedClouds

Student
Mar 9, 2024
My initial thought to reply is some physiological/sport science type stuff;

Making sure you are eating decent protein if possible as that will help your muscles repair/recover. If you are a meat eater, meat/fish contains all the essential amino acids. If veggie/vegan then you need to mix and match a bit more with different sources of protein to get the full complement of amino acids in enough quantities.

That and maybe looking up some stretches for any particular muscles that are achey and holding the stretches steady for at least 20-30 secs each so your muscle properly relaxes into it to benefit from it. (Stretch reflex)

Sorry to hear its getting so much for you atm. I hope you are able to figure out something that helps ease the compulsions soon.

Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you can avoid jerky or violent movements, or movements when there is a lot of force acting on a joint, your risk of injury will be much reduced. Simply using your limbs, in a smooth and regular kind of way is less likely to result in injury.
Another way to protect yourself would be to regularly change which limb you move, if that is possible, so that no part of you gets too much use.
A moderate degree of muscle fatigue probably won't do you any harm, and is nothing to worry about. It will eventually tend to strengthen the muscles concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConfusedClouds
Upvote 0
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
My initial thought to reply is some physiological/sport science type stuff;

Making sure you are eating decent protein if possible as that will help your muscles repair/recover. If you are a meat eater, meat/fish contains all the essential amino acids. If veggie/vegan then you need to mix and match a bit more with different sources of protein to get the full complement of amino acids in enough quantities.

That and maybe looking up some stretches for any particular muscles that are achey and holding the stretches steady for at least 20-30 secs each so your muscle properly relaxes into it to benefit from it. (Stretch reflex)

Sorry to hear its getting so much for you atm. I hope you are able to figure out something that helps ease the compulsions soon.
Tysm, this definitely help s. I am a meat eater so I will make sure to consume meat and salmon bc I love salmon.

Btw, mind if I ask why you and Loi teringCloud s has al most identical username s? Was it a coincidence or are you related somehow?

Upvote 0
C

ConfusedClouds

Student
Mar 9, 2024
Tysm, this definitely help s. I am a meat eater so I will make sure to consume meat and salmon bc I love salmon.
Another protein tip is little/often. Your body can't digest too much at once for its full nutritional value and just turns the rest into generic energy sources.
Btw, mind if I ask why you and Loi teringCloud s has al most identical username s? Was it a coincidence or are you related somehow?
Because I am very unimaginative! Decision making overwhelms me. Confused is how I am about pretty much everything and the word on its own was obvs taken. Theres a few personal links to clouds behind the scenes for me. And being in Scotland, well... ☁️🌧☁️ Though it was actually super hot/sunny today!! (For us anyway - mid 20s 🥵😎)

Upvote 0
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Another protein tip is little/often. Your body can't digest too much at once for its full nutritional value and just turns the rest into generic energy sources.

Because I am very unimaginative! Decision making overwhelms me. Confused is how I am about pretty much everything and the word on its own was obvs taken. Theres a few personal links to clouds behind the scenes for me. And being in Scotland, well... ☁️🌧☁️ Though it was actually super hot/sunny today!! (For us anyway - mid 20s 🥵😎)
You are from Scotland? That is so cool! Well yeah, it is a good username for sure.

• Hugs
Upvote 0