• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
Ok!
Well, for a strict carnivore diet I've understood that one shouldn't drink coffee.. there's a lot of toxins in it as well, plus the sleep disruption. It's just that I really appreciate that warm coffee cup in the morning... I haven't had it since I started the diet though. I guess it's just a comfort thing. And I really want to do this diet right to give it a real good shot of fixing my depression. That's why I thought I'd quit it at least in the beginning and then maybe try it out again once I have gotten the optimal effect of the diet.
most people will not have their sleep disrupted by drinking coffee, as long as they drink it early and in moderation. each person knows their metabolism, so they know when it's time to stop drinking. some people stop drinking at 10 AM, others at 2 PM... caffeine half-life varies depending on your genetics.

if I were you, I'd enjoy your coffee.
it makes fasting in the morning more confortable (if you happen to be fasting), makes you more alert despite the change in fuel source (from carbs to fats), makes mood better, improves performance and overall feels good.
if I could, I'd drink it too.
like I said I'm a "caffeine slow metabolizer", but this is a small minority of people.
for most caffeine is 100% fine. of course, depending on the dosage and timing.

it's a source of polyphenols too. and there's some evidence that perhaps drinking coffe could help to prevent cognitive decline and neurodegenerative diseases like dementia.

just don't drink it too close to meals. its antinutrients may block the absorption of certain things in the food if you drink it too close to meal time.

yes, some people report that they feel more calm after they quit caffeine, or that they sleep better.

caffeine half life is can be long, so some people think they are going to sleep without any caffeine in their blood, since they stopped early, but sometimes there's still some.

I think that maybe they could have reduced the dosage and pulling the timing earlier, instead of quitting.

for people who are treating auto-immune issues, like the famous Mikhaila Peterson, things may be different. there are at least pesticides and antinutrients on coffee, not to speak of unkown substances, that can be triggering for their autoimmune, so in these cases it's more complicated.
for them, the cleaner the diet, the better. that's why they only use salt, and don't use any herb spices in their meat, even though these spices don't have any carbohydrates.
they usually do what they call an "elimination diet", they initially remove almost everything and then add things back one thing at a time to try to discover what exatcly is triggering symptoms.

Reactions: Willy Wonka and hopelessgirl
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
most people will not have their sleep disrupted by drinking coffee, as long as they drink it early and in moderation. each person knows their metabolism, so they know when it's time to stop drinking. some people stop drinking at 10 AM, others at 2 PM... caffeine half-life varies depending on your genetics.

it makes fasting in the morning more confortable (if you happen to be fasting), makes you more alert despite the change in fuel source (from carbs to fats), makes mood better, improves performance and overall feels good.
like I said I'm a "caffeine slow metabolizer", but this is a small minority of people.

it's a source of polyphenols too. and there's some evidence that perhaps drinking coffe could help to prevent cognitive decline and neurodegenerative diseases like dementia.

just don't drink it too close to meals. its antinutrients may block the absorption of certain things in the food if you drink it too close to meal time.

yes, some people report that they feel more calm after they quit caffeine, or that they sleep better.

caffeine half life is can be long, so some people think they are going to sleep without any caffeine in their blood, since they stopped early, but sometimes there's still some.

I think that maybe they could have reduced the dosage and pulling the timing earlier, instead of quitting.

for people who are treating auto-immune issues, like the famous Mikhaila Peterson, things may be different. there are at least pesticides and antinutrients on coffee, not to speak of unkown substances, that can be triggering for their autoimmune, so in these cases it's more complicated.
for them, the cleaner the diet, the better. that's why they only use salt, and don't use any herb spices in their meat, even though these spices don't have any carbohydrates.
they usually do what they call an "elimination diet", they initially remove almost everything and then add things back one thing at a time to try to discover what exatcly is triggering symptoms.
I think I'll try without for the first 6 weeks just to see how I feel and how my sleep is and then maybe reintroduce it then slowly and see how that feels then. I have been sleeping 14 hours a day for the last couple of months, so maybe if my quality of sleep could get better I could sleep less. Also I've had some stomach issues with coffee so yeah I'm curious to know how I'm without.. also struggle a lot with migraines. Anyhow, I'll probably appreciate that first cup of coffee, or not after those 6 weeks.

Reactions: Ethereal Knight
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
When I did strength and muscle hypertrophy exercises, I ate a lot of meat a day. It was really effective for growth, however, it didn't last long. Having to deposit several ""zeppelins" a day as a reason for the low intake of vegetables, made me give up.:ahhha:

hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
When I did strength and muscle hypertrophy exercises, I ate a lot of meat a day. It was really effective for growth, however, it didn't last long. Having to deposit several ""zeppelins" a day as a reason for the low intake of vegetables, made me give up.:ahhha:
Haha ok 😂

Reactions: bad luck
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i would suggest switching to just a healthier diet in general. i don't think any strictly mono diet is good. maybe cut out dairy because we aren't meant to eat that anyway, and avoid processed food. and then declutter your things. get rid of anything you own that you do not use and does not bring you happiness. get rid of social media. detox your whole life not just your diet. minimalism and being eco friendly has been very refreshing for me. i feel good not being surrounded by things and it feel even better knowing i'm helping the environment and preventing unfair labor in the process

B

blacknwhitedreams

Jan 27, 2022
So. Giving recovery one last try I'm going to try the carnivore diet and see if that helps my depression. Did anyone here try it?
I want to try it. But too expensive and impractical for me. Check out L. Amber O'Hearn and her work. Dr.Georgia Ede, Dr.Chris Palmer, Dr.Ken D. Berry.

hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
I want to try it. But too expensive and impractical for me. Check out L. Amber O'Hearn and her work. Dr.Georgia Ede, Dr.Chris Palmer, Dr.Ken D. Berry.
I get it. For me and my bf we calculated it will cost us about 400 dollars per person per month (we live in Norway on an island and food is expensive here). I'll check them out. I'm on day 9 now and I actually just realized I haven't been here EVERY day like I used to. Kind of forgot a bit about this forum, and I've been here non stop for half a year. Also I'm no longer passive aggressive, and for me that's huge. I've promised myself I'm gonna give it at least 5 more weeks (and THEN I can kill myself haha). Nah. I'm supposed to live till the end of the year. Sorry for the rant

Reactions: kms4
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
I want to try it. But too expensive (...)
not if you include a lot of eggs, organs like beef heart, beef tongue, hamburguers and ground beef, chicken and pork in general, including less noble cuts like chicken feet etc...

using lard (pork fat) to make meals more caloric and satiating without using extra protein (as protein is expensive and lard tend to be super cheap, at least in my country) can be a tool too.

of course watching for sales or buying in bulk also help

I usually eat 50% eggs and 50% meat, like 8 eggs + 900g of beef tongue, or 15 eggs + 600g of ground beef etc...

Reactions: hopelessgirl
B

blacknwhitedreams

Jan 27, 2022
I get it. For me and my bf we calculated it will cost us about 400 dollars per person per month (we live in Norway on an island and food is expensive here). I'll check them out. I'm on day 9 now and I actually just realized I haven't been here EVERY day like I used to. Kind of forgot a bit about this forum, and I've been here non stop for half a year. Also I'm no longer passive aggressive, and for me that's huge. I've promised myself I'm gonna give it at least 5 more weeks (and THEN I can kill myself haha). Nah. I'm supposed to live till the end of the year. Sorry for the rant
Getting into metabolic ketosis takes time. Around 6 to 8 weeks. Good luck.
not if you include a lot of eggs, organs like beef heart, beef tongue, hamburguers and ground beef, chicken and pork in general, including less noble cuts like chicken feet etc...

using lard (pork fat) to make meals more caloric and satiating without using extra protein (as protein is expensive and lard tend to be super cheap, at least in my country) can be a tool too.

I usually eat 50% eggs and 50% meat, like 8 eggs + 900g of beef tongue, or 15 eggs + 600g of ground beef etc...
I live in India sadly. Beef is banned in my state. Pork is not easily available either. Neither is buff. I am left with poultry, lamb/mutton. Which don't contain as much fat to begin with.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, hopelessgirl and Ethereal Knight
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021

Beef is expensive. All kinds of lean meat are usually expensive. You're right otherwise

hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
Getting into metabolic ketosis takes time. Around 6 to 8 weeks. Good luck.

I live in India sadly. Beef is banned in my state. Pork is not easily available either. Neither is buff. I am left with poultry, lamb/mutton. Which don't contain as much fat to begin with.
There's quite a lot of fat in lamb and eggs actually :-) lamb is my favorite meat

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and callme
Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Dec 15, 2021

Coffee's exactly what's triggering my symptoms.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Not carnivore. I did keto/no carb and felt and looked better on it. But then I got the keto rash. Only a small percentage of ppl get that. It was too bad so I stopped the keto.

kms4

kms4

May 17, 2024
So. Giving recovery one last try I'm going to try the carnivore diet and see if that helps my depression. Did anyone here try it?
I would like to. Currently eating low carb, but probably not in the keto territory. When I get very depressed, I tend to not have any self control anymore and crave comfort food. I just finished Dr. Ede's book Change Your Dirt Change Your Mind. I think both her and Chris Palmer are going in the right direction with metabolic psychiatry. I just don't know if it'll be enough to save me.

Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
My shits wear insane and full of fat
After a while I got badly contemplated. What ever diet you pick just drink a good enough amount of water and plenty of fibre

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I tried it for 2 weeks, its ok. I prefer having a more plant based diet with fish, eating eggs and red meats got boring really quickly.