Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
When your partner sends you a text saying how much they love you, and you automatically assume they're gonna ctb because why else would they send such a nice message.

I know its probably not a suicide message, but I cant get the idea out of my head that he is going to end his life. In the message he also talked about the summer and hoping to spend more time with me, so that's pretty promising that it's not a suicide message. But he hasn't messaged me back yet, and I worry. I know he's been depressed recently and I just worry he has gone down the suicide path. I know I'm being irrational, that he just loves me and wanted to send a nice message, but I worry.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dutchyala, PartlyHuman and Ame
P

PartlyHuman

Sorry for my English
Jan 10, 2021
It's absolutely okay to worry about it. Can you talk about it with your partner? Me and my partner are both suicidal but I'm more than him and he worries a lot too, so we established two rules: 1) Always take three days break before attempting (because I'm impulsive and want to try to recover for him) 2) Tell that you're going to attempt and explain why BEFORE attempting
Might be a bit unhealthy because it puts kind of responsibility of trying to save you on your partner but we value honesty most of all even if it hurts sometimes.
So far it worked very well for us. Makes us both less worried but requires trust ofc.

Reactions: Dutchyala, RedHarlequin and Rustysoupcan