NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Just a thought that was actually somewhat meaningful upon examination... This site helps us realize we are not alone in "forceful endings", but we are certainly not alone in death itself, everyone will die one day and most already have. To live is to be alone.

I felt a sense of connectedness and peace when I realized every human that's ever lived has either died or is on their way to 100% guaranteed. It's a simple thought but I hope it brings you some comfort and makes you feel connected and understood, rather than alone.

Reactions: KitKat, Lifeisatrap, throwaway777 and 8 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I understand we're all on our way to death.. but how is that supposed to make me feel more connected??

Reactions: KitKat, Lifeisatrap, goesforemast and 3 others
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I understand we're all on our way to death.. but how is that supposed to make me feel more connected??

We're all connected in death and generally speaking, everything is literally physically connected. Assuming you haven't already had this realization, it would make you understand that you are in the majority when you die, whatever that happens to mean, and you we're always going to be no matter what. It's just philosophy, I find comfort knowing death was always the destination of life for everyone. I trust the universe, it was good to me for the most part, maybe death isn't so bad. It's surely a release from otherwise inescapable suffering for many of us, and for that reason I think it is quite beautiful.

Reactions: Circles and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Completely agree. Lately the 'you're not alone' phrase has sadly become another empty cliche even though it's true but it doesn't take away that gut wrenching angst of petrifying loneliness.

Reactions: Sundayafternoon, Lifeisatrap, 21Neberg and 3 others
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Completely agree. Lately the 'you're not alone' phrase has sadly become another empty cliche even though it's true but it doesn't take away that gut wrenching angst of petrifying loneliness.

Missing the point but fair enough, I'm not here to fix your life and solve your existential crisis with a few sentences. You're gonna die, you were always going to, we'll all be together in that sense. That is all I'm saying, you'll probably always feel alone for the vast majority of time for as long as you live if you're anything like me, nothings going to change that and wasn't the goal of the post.

Reactions: Sundayafternoon, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah. Now it feels like we are not alone.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and NoChoice
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
If you think the universe is an evil place then sure death is just about the worst thing ever, but if you've had good experiences that were beyond anything you could've ever imagined or deserved like I was lucky enough to have then you see the universe as a good place. Maybe I've done too many psychedelics and seen too much because I trust the universe even though it has absolutely fucked me over in the end, but I still see it to be generally a gift and it has incredible potential to be very dominantly good, but humans seem to be experts at completely fucking things up and stopping that from happening. Basically, I trust the same universe that has given me everything which I would overall call good to take care of me in death the same way, if that means there is more to the journey after this then great, if it's eternal non existence then so be it.

Reactions: Eleutheryos
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
its nice to know that there is a place for us to be at. that we can talk about wtf is going on inside our heads.
sometimes you think your the only one.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and NoChoice
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
If you think the universe is an evil place then sure death is just about the worst thing ever, but if you've had good experiences that were beyond anything you could've ever imagined or deserved like I was lucky enough to have then you see the universe as a good place. Maybe I've done too many psychedelics and seen too much because I trust the universe even though it has absolutely fucked me over in the end, but I still see it to be generally a gift and it has incredible potential to be very dominantly good, but humans seem to be experts at completely fucking things up and stopping that from happening. Basically, I trust the same universe that has given me everything which I would overall call good to take care of me in death the same way, if that means there is more to the journey after this then great, if it's eternal non existence then so be it.

theres alot of proof that has been shown about life after death. I like that Bob Olson on youtube, hes been at it for along time.
i happen to agree that there is an afterlife. I believe in God. there is going to be something, i just dont know what it will be.
some say you come back to this life and start over, some say we come as somebody new. I dont believe that there is a hell for eternity. but maybe for some time as a consequence of some sort. i dont know much, its just what i think. Death doesnt have to be this grizzly action.it can be gentle and unfrightening, depends what you believe. where your heart lays inside your soul. if you want to be done for eternity, keep thinking it. not me, i want to continue and keep going.

Reactions: NoChoice
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
theres alot of proof that has been shown about life after death. I like that Bob Olson on youtube, hes been at it for along time.
i happen to agree that there is an afterlife. I believe in God. there is going to be something, i just dont know what it will be.
some say you come back to this life and start over, some say we come as somebody new. I dont believe that there is a hell for eternity. but maybe for some time as a consequence of some sort. i dont know much, its just what i think. Death doesnt have to be this grizzly action.it can be gentle and unfrightening, depends what you believe. where your heart lays inside your soul. if you want to be done for eternity, keep thinking it. not me, i want to continue and keep going.

I will look that name up on YouTube. I agree, think of how small we are relative to the Milky Way, our planet... there is trillions of other galaxies they've found, there could even be more, and that's just our universe which could be one of infinity, we can't really comprehend what this place we live in really is or what the possibilities are, it is so damn complicated and I for one have a hard time selling something this intricate short, even if my life is suffering and unfair. I would rather almost anything over nothingness, and I tend to believe something may be waiting on the other side. All we can do is hope I suppose.