• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Is it possible to film one's own ctb and not stream it live? In other words, delay the broadcast of the ctb till after one is dead? If that is possible, I would definitely consider that. And why? My longing for immortality, for fame? Of course I would want to leave behind something more tangible in addition to filming my own ctb -- at least one published novel would be my preference. But the prospect of my ctb film intrigues me, strange to say...

jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
Nah. If I live stream I'd become a phenomenon because I am sexy af.

I look like shit. I hate taking photos so I'd never livestream. I'll just post a goodbye and see you on the other side.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I would be paranoid that someone would make an animated gif of it and post it on 4chan. The entire thread is people making fun of me. Maybe it would be pinned to the top of the board in an epic bread. People would get dubs, trips quads. There inevitably would be screen caps.

My death would become a meme. I would be an eternal joke. People would create Pepes and Feels inspired by my suicide. I would be doxxed. My family would be harassed, their lives destroyed by the constant prank calls asking for Battletoads.

Or perhaps the 4chan community would respect my suicide as they did Nasim Aghdam?

Last edited:
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I think people livestream because they want to leave a lasting imprint on the world, gain infamy etc. Maybe they feel so neglected and isolated by society they desire to shock and horrify and force people to acknowledge their life/death.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Perhaps you've seen the shotgun suicide that was making the rounds the past few months. (The one with the guy in the mask, a tarp hanging behind him). That is horrifying, sad and disturbing to watch - yet people made all of these silly gifs about it : looped sped up etc.

Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
I would only stream on a very long delay to avoid being found (which would require rolling my own setup), and I think it's very likely that either I would be found and the footage/device taken before I could remove it, or it wouldn't be disseminated far enough before it would be removed. Basically I would be praying to get liveleak mirrored before my own server went down. My only interest in streaming would be for informational purposes, and I have considered it. I think it might be better to have a private death and spare my family any more potential trauma though. Plus I'm not sure I want people seeing me like that.

edit: Also, I've suffered a substantial amount from weirdos on the internet. I think the informational value from observing my suicide would be limited compared to the value I would be giving the exact type of person I dislike the most.

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Perhaps you've seen the shotgun suicide that was making the rounds the past few months. (The one with the guy in the mask, a tarp hanging behind him). That is horrifying, sad and disturbing to watch - yet people made all of these silly gifs about it : looped sped up etc.

To be honest, I don't like watching these videos. I'm rather squeamish...

Even pictures of people who have died by hanging make me uncomfortable, but I've looked at them for research.

Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
And to answer the general question, here are some of the assorted motives I think people have for streaming their suicides, few of which if any are mutually exclusive. Most of them are just the general reasons people want witnesses for anything.
  • attention and loneliness - people are lonely at the end of their lives, can't have anyone with them but anonymous strangers or their online friends, maybe never felt like anyone paid attention to them in life, etc.
  • wanting someone specific to see their death, whether the footage is sent directly to them or just gains notoriety
  • exhibitionism (I separate this from wanting attention because it's distinctly different - the exhibitionist often wishes to demonstrate something as much as gain attention) - could be driven by sheer love of drama or anger or the intent to shock and disturb
  • proving a point or drawing attention to one - people will tune in and listen for a bit, understand why that person died, the death will be more real to them, etc.
  • cry for help - either want to be rescued or die if nobody will intervene
  • curiosity about how people might react, whether they'll watch, do anything, try to talk the person out of it, etc.
  • they view it as a momentous occasion in their life or even ceremonial - related, their suicide might be felt to be artistic or self-expression
  • instructional, educational, informative etc. - there are suicide documentaries by right to die advocates in particular
  • they want a record of their last moments of consciousness, or at least somebody to observe their thoughts, feelings, their last words, wishes, whether they were in pain, what death is like - maybe even want to reassure people it was peaceful and happy
  • they believe actions and experiences have more meaning if witnessed and shared
  • some personal fixation on streaming or social media or tv that hasn't been accomplished
  • enjoy violent content and wish to create some of their own

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Some members planned to do it but I guess it never happened. I would do it but considering my method is Nembutal, I don't think it's gonna be interesting enough to be honest. I'll sit on my bed, drink N, fall asleep. It would of course serve as direct evidence of my death and confirm the lethal effects of N. I don't think it's worth the effort.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I think people livestream because they want to leave a lasting imprint on the world, gain infamy etc. Maybe they feel so neglected and isolated by society they desire to shock and horrify and force people to acknowledge their life/death.
Very true. Maybe some subconsciously wanted someone to talk them out of it. Who knows. There are so many veriables that could be at play.

Personally the last thing I would want or care about is infamy. These things happen so often nowadays they will be forgotten about within a month anyway.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wouldn't do it, mainly due to the high risk of being stopped, police intervention, other goody-two shoes playing hero, etc. I would, however, sometimes wish that I could at least get some message across or even (so slightly) change the society (as unlikely as my death would do). Then again, I suppose the aftermath is moot as I wouldn't be around to witness it or react to it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Mud.
Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
A suicide is painful enough for those you leave behind. It will be extremely cruel of you if you leave such a grotesque video behind for them to watch. Don't do it.

Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
Record it then have someone post it on here for educational purposes lol!
Yeah. Record it post it here and then delete it from your device. It will help all the people on this forum to see a "live demonstration". Lol

Reactions: Deafsn0w