BlueCup

BlueCup

Apr 27, 2024
Your loved one is agonizing at the end of their life.
Helping them to ctb probably means you'll go to prison.

What do you do ?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and eatantz
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I wouldn't be able to help them, I can't be responsible for someone's death. Forget prison I would feel guilt for the rest of my life. I would never want to live with the feeling of taking someone's life

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, apearl, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
Only if we make a suicidal pact so I wouldn't live with the guilt

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Your loved one is agonizing at the end of their life.
Helping them to ctb probably means you'll go to prison.

What do you do ?
I would if I wasn't looking at prison.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Uninfluential_Karma

Uninfluential_Karma

Rat Cult Leader
Aug 5, 2024
This is a super late answer, but if I could help them do it discreetly I would. An example I can think of is getting them that end of life mixture some people can get on hospice. The only conditions I would have set is that they'd have to clearly state that they want to CTB and that they would be the only one to mix the drink and drink it themself. I'd probably CTB after they're gone so I wouldn't have to go to prison.

potatocube

potatocube

Impulsive & Irrational
Aug 31, 2024
I didn't. Instead I told them: punish me instead of punishing yourself. Well that didn't work out. They ctb.

I guess I still will never assist. I may look for other way to help.

Last edited:
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
That is such a nightmare scenario, it reminds the case of David Hunter who out of love ended his wife's misery from blood cancer. I don't think I could do it but I wasn't in a position with a loved one suffering in agonizing pain in front of me.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I would refuse. I'm never going to live it down prison or not. Suicide is an individual's choice, and I'm not going to ever be an influence to encourage to engage in someone's death.

If there was a suicide pact, however, I'd absolutely help, knowing I'd soon follow. To trust someone enough to say you want to CTB together and hope you don't get betrayed is incredibly risky though.

S

Selbstentleibung

Totengräber
Feb 22, 2024
I absolutely would. Heck, I have a very close friend whom I've known ever since we were 12 years old with whom I have this little pact that none of us shall die alone, aka. we will CTB together once the time is right. But even outside this friendship I'd support anyone who stepped up to me letting me in on that they need help with CTBing. That is because in my mind everyone deserves a chance to end their life at will because as I see it suicide is the greatest achievement of a self-directed life. Thus I will help them overcome anything that stands in their way as good as I can.

Reactions: brood
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Helping my loved one to commit suicide, and losing her, would break my heart.
Keeping her in agony, begging me to help her end her life, would break my heart even more so.
So yes, I would help.

You would put your pet out of unrecoverable misery, wouldn't you?
Damn the law.

Reactions: brood
QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
Yeah, seems reasonable. They already are dying. Will just have to take extra steps to avoid prison

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I would but only assuming that I manage to ctb with them so that I don't have to deal with prison. I personally wouldn't feel guilt for them as, if they were suffering extremely and wanted to die, I'd be glad to help them achieve that peacefully. Besides, even if I were to feel guilt, I still would help them to ctb as I don't want them to suffer in existence any longer than they want to all because of my emotions

lxci

lxci

Lifelover
Sep 9, 2024
I wouldn't, nor would I encourage it, but it's their choice to make.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd try and go the official route first- apply for assisted suicide and travel with them- it's not available in the UK.

It's tricky after that though. Would I be willing to break the law and try and get them N? Probably not. I'm not willing to do that for me! SN feels like too much of a risk to expose someone else to- although it would likely be my method.

If they were in pain though- I'd be on at the doctor that they can't leave them like that.

If I knew I had a method that would be peaceful for them and 100% work and it was 100% their wish- I'd probably help them and then kill myself. And I'd leave a note to say how f*cked up it is that this country doesn't allow assisted suicide.

Reactions: uglyugly
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Death with dignity laws exist to prevent someone to have to make difficult decisions like this. Most countries are so behind.

Reactions: uglyugly
R

reachi-seloam

Mar 26, 2022
It's not my place to deny them their right.

uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
Hard question. Really, really hard with no easy answers.

I've had one parent die a horrible death (ALS) and I have one that I am positive is on his way out. He has a living will and a DNR that will allow him to die, mainly through withholding medical treatment. I think I can do that as I will be the one making the decision and I know it's his desire, but at the same time, I am so afraid I won't have the guts. I love my dad and don't want him to die, but I agree with him that there is a point when life is no longer worth living. He's at that point. He has no joy, no happiness, and is so damn lonely that I believe it is literally killing him. He does not want to be in this material world any more. There is a part of me that hopes he passes because his quality of life is so bad, but then there obviously is another part that does not want him to go. It's excruciating to watch him decline.