EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
I'm in the middle of getting my CTB ready but I need time before I'm really ready to be done with everything in my life. I think about giving life a second chance a lot but I always come to the decision that I'd rather die. I've had friends tell me I need professional help but I just don't think that it would be really worth it. A psychiatrist already off the table because I have terrible reactions to medicine and constantly changing my prescriptions and putting me on different pills would drive me insane and make me feel like a shell of myself. I've already tried all the free resources I could but ya'know how much $0 gets ya. Even if a therapist got me a session pro bono I couldn't talk about my suicidal behavior or tendency's or perhaps even reasons I think are extremely valid for me CTB. A friend of mine told a therapist he was suicidal and he couldn't afford his insurance for like years until it went back down again. I'm not going to fuck over my financial situation or fuck up any things my family has to deal with after my death just to talk to someone with a Ph.D. I'd like to know if anybody's experiences with getting therapy or free resources and if they were any help to you.
Edit: I mixed up psychologist and psychiatrist

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MYStERY_Man
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I thought a psychologist just talks it is the psychiatrist that deals out the drugs.

EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
I mixed up psychologist and psychiatrist I edited it my bad.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Talk to a psychologist, you have nothing to lose

Reactions: Mondo
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Some time ago, I posted a thread asking people if therapy had ever worked for them. Some said YES but most of them said NO but you can read the different experiences so, here's the link if you're interested:

(as for me, therapy sucked but fortunately I didn't spend a penny thanks to my health insurance)

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/has-therapy-ever-worked-for-you.58267/

Last edited:
Reactions: EdibleGasMask
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
While I can't tell how to get a therapist for free, I indeed recommend talking to a therapist before suicide, especially because you often still think about giving life a chance. Remember, the first therapist might not fit, perhaps they do. Regarding therapists (not psychiatrists), I've never had an unfriendly or stupid therapist. The only thing that happened was that "the chemistry" between us wasn't right.

From experience I know that talking about suicide is very difficult, maybe taking notes/journaling and showing them to the therapist could help you?

Reactions: EdibleGasMask
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Dude, if you're getting ready to CTB, insurance should be the least of your worries. An expensive involuntary stay in the psych ward, sure, but just avoid divulging actual imminent plans and that won't happen.

I started therapy this week, so I can't comment yet. But be careful with the reports from @WornOutLife's thread because, obviously, we'll always suffer from selection bias in this forum.

Reactions: Misanthrope and EdibleGasMask
LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I've had good experiences with some therapists but there are a lot of mediocre ones out there. Still, if you've never tried it at all, I think it's worth trying.