I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
Why do people talk about SN a lot more than the Exit Bag method? Is the equipment just not very portable so you'd need your own place to ctb because you'd seem suspicious trying to bring it into a hotel?

orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Because I'll just pull it out of my pocket. I'll put it in a glass and go to bed. Simple enough. If I have heartburn. I'll just pull some more out of my pocket. And I flew. Okay? I just flew far.

Reactions: BrokenArrow, Wraith, Pen>Sword and 2 others
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
I think because the exit bag strategy requires more materials, some more difficult to hide, like a big tank of helium being one. Plus cost. Also alot of manufacturers are cutting their helium now to prevent any "accidents." There are also alot of failure stories, even while being unconscious, people find their bodies survival instinct have cause them to rip the bag off their heads without even knowing. SN is pretty available, fairly cheap and easy to hide up until the day needed. Just my opinion, although the exit bag does seem like a very peaceful exit if done properly without any interference.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, Wraith, LifeQuitter2018 and 4 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I believe it is relative simplicity and cost. Such factors outweigh the discomfort of SN. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Wraith, lofticries and 4 others
E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
Because I'll just pull it out of my pocket. I'll put it in a glass and go to bed. Simple enough. If I have heartburn. I'll just pull some more out of my pocket. And I flew. Okay? I just flew far.
I got so many supplementary supplies I'm gonna have a travel chemistry set; magnetic stirrer, beakers, scale, other meds. Not gonna open the SN until I'm ready, I can't weigh it beforehand. If I opt for this method.

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
Exitbag can cause permanent brain damage if failes

Reactions: listeningpost1379
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
Before I came to SS,I was

all excited about helium.
"That's how I will go out," I thought.
Then I discovered the negatives,like the helium isn't pure anymore.
I'm leaning toward SN!

Reactions: Wraith
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Exitbag can cause permanent brain damage if failes
this. the exit bag method is pretty much go hard or go home. Everything has to be perfect. Meanwhile if you fuck up with sn you can try again later with no serious body complications from your last attempt.

Also there might be a comfort in knowing that even if you ingest the sn you can get help at the last min given that it takes 15-20 mins to really take effect. You can't do that with the exit mask. Once the first min pasts you'll be feeling out of it. No second thoughts at all.

Even with all this I still plan on going with the exit bag if I can't get N. I'm in really no hurry and the research and stress will be worth it for a painless fast death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenberg and Wraith