sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
Im still very new here, but have looked into Helium Hood and looked at all the videos etc (Final Exit) and it looks a good quick way as long as you use a tight ligature type setup around the neck Why isnt there more discussion about it on here?

Reactions: omoidarui
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Getting hold of Helium is quite hard, and expensive.
"Party Balloon" Helium bottles are mixed with a good bit of oxygen nowadays to prevent suicide.

Reactions: LADY007, UterEntonaur, LifeQuitter2018 and 2 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
First of all I would use nitrogen since real helium is more expensive and hard to get your hands on now.

Many don't use the exit bag method because it requires a bit of money and preparation. Not to mention having your own place is a must since the gas tank can get pretty loud when in use.

Also if you fail brain damage is what you risk.

If I don't get n this is the method I'll be ctb by.

edit: I forgot to add that you'll be out like a light in at least a minute. So no time to debate whether or not you want to die like some of the other methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fthis, bloomingdark and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
I bought a large helium party tank five years ago just incase someday i would need it will have a look at it, is there anything on it that would tell me the % of helium in the tank? And on Final Exit it takes two tanks but ive only one?
'Many don't use the exit bag method because it requires a bit of money and preparation'- dont understand its just a bit of gas and tubing? ive seen Posts on here that SN costs $800 and i got that helium tank for $35?
First of all I would use nitrogen since real helium is more expensive and hard to get your hands on now.

Many don't use the exit bag method because it requires a bit of money and preparation. Not to mention having your own place is a must since the gas tank can get pretty loud when in use.

Also if you fail brain damage is what you risk.

If I don't get n this is the method I'll be ctb by.

edit: I forgot to add that you'll be out like a light in at least a minute. So no time to debate whether or not you want to die like some of the other methods.
But to get nitrogen you have to lie and say your a business

Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
I bought a large helium party tank five years ago just incase someday i would need it will have a look at it, is there anything on it that would tell me the % of helium in the tank? And on Final Exit it takes two tanks but ive only one?
'Many don't use the exit bag method because it requires a bit of money and preparation'- dont understand its just a bit of gas and tubing? ive seen Posts on here that SN costs $800 and i got that helium tank for $35?
SN is nowhere near that expensive. N can be, but SN is below $100.

If you have the box that the tank came with, it might say something like "balloon gas" rather than helium if it's partially air filled. Or in the box, a safety data sheet should say what it contains. The tank itself might not be labeled because they can re-fill it with whatever. 5 years ago could be on the cusp of when all the manufacturers started to switch it out for the He/Air mixture.

But to get nitrogen you have to lie and say your a business
Not true, at least in America you can get it for personal use. People use it for at home draft beer or wine preservation for example. Wine preservation will be my cover story when i go to get my nitrogen tank.

Reactions: sparkie and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I guess it really depends on what country you're in when it comes to sn. In America I could get sn right now for 20-40 dollars.

I'm using nitrogen since that's the gas the prison wants to use to execute prisoners for a more humane death.

The mask and regulator is expensive depending where you're getting it. The one I'm planning on buying (lol if they still have it when I do decide to ctb) is 1,200. But its worth it since ctb is its sole purpose. I don't want to have to go through the pain/anxiety of searching for the right parts.

Like the person above said, getting a nitrogen tank is pretty easy in the states.

Last edited:
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I guess it really depends on what country you're in when it comes to sn. In America I could get sn right now for 20-40 dollars.

I'm using nitrogen since that's the gas the prison wants to use to execute prisoners for a more humane death.

The mask and regulator is expensive depending where you're getting it. The one I'm planning on buying (lol if they still have it when I do decide to ctb) is 1,200. But its worth it since ctb is its sole purpose. I don't want to have to go through the pain/anxiety of searching for the right parts.

Like the person above said, getting a nitrogen tank is pretty easy in the states.
For the mask and regulator, where you thinking of the SCUBA gear?

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
For the mask and regulator, where you thinking of the SCUBA gear?
The the items I have in mind in buying look more like something you'd find in a hospital. Its a kit specifically for ctb.

Don't know anything about diving equipment to use scuba gear.

Reactions: sparkie and Greenberg
D

Dontknowhowtolive

Apr 4, 2021
The the items I have in mind in buying look more like something you'd find in a hospital. Its a kit specifically for ctb.

Where did you find a kit specifically for ctb?

Reactions: lofticries
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021

Can the bag over head method (like helium) not be used with nitrogen? Why do you require a mask and regulator?

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Can the bag over head method (like helium) not be used with nitrogen? Why do you require a mask and regulator?
It can I just prefer nitrogen because that's what the scientists used in some of their experiments for trying to find a pain free death. Helium will work just fine since that's what many were using before it got diluted for safety reasons. There were actually some cases where people accidently died because of breathing in helium to get that squeaky voice.

I just feel a mask is more secure than a bag. Also for comfort as well since I don't wanna feel like I'm suffocating inside a bag.

You need a regulator for the gas and amount of pressure you're going to be using. The mask/bag, gas tank, regulator, and tubing are the four parts you must have.

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Can the bag over head method (like helium) not be used with nitrogen?
~Any inert gas (helium, nitrogen, argon) will be nearly equivalent.

"Inert" literally means it ~doesn't "do" any chemical reactions at all. Really, all the inert gasses are doing is to "displace/replace" ~all oxygen and "push/purge out" any carbon dioxide (respiration's "waste product").

Our bodies are very sensitive to a buildup of CO2, but ironically have no "sensors" to tell us oxygen is absent (in nature/evolution, suffocation/drowning/etc. obviously a buildup of CO2 was "selected" as the signal to us that we were "in trouble").

So, the inert gas has 2 roles: Replace the oxygen and push-away any CO2. The inert gas itself isn't poisonous per se... none of them do anything to you chemically.

Actually, air you're breathing right now is ~78% nitrogen. Nitrogen tends to be cheaper to buy in bulk. I have a large nitrogen cylinder.
Why do you require a mask and regulator?
It's a preference thing: The "exit bag" is cheaper and very well proven... Also, one needs to make sure a mask is well secured (as one's facial muscles tend to relax as consciousness is lost... and leaks right near one's mouth/nose could cause oxygen to get in and interfere).

I, myself, have a bag (hood) setup, but I understand why some people prefer the mask. The PPeH specifically recommends not to use a mask, but if done properly it's not a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nero and lofticries