L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I have an almost 100% reliable method that I could use at any moment. You might say it keeps me alive. Anyone else? And no, I'm not asking for your method.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, ijustwishtodie and DrearyAsh348
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I remember watching a documentary about someone pursuing doctor-assisted suicide for a mental illness who ended up staying around for much longer than they had previously intended because having a guaranteed way out let them enjoy life more than feeling like they were stuck without an exit.

I do believe that, paradoxically, there are some people out there who would live longer if assisted suicide was available regardless of health status. I feel like some people ctb because they are worried about the opportunity passing them by, and could actually potentially recover/have some good years if they knew they had a way out at all times.

Reactions: potatocube, Trav1989, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
It doesn't keep me alive, but it provides some comfort, some emotional relief knowing it's there or when i come to peace with it.

Reactions: potatocube, Ligottian and ijustwishtodie
Tired_of_myself

Tired_of_myself

Jan 2, 2024
i really want to die

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, genoke and divinemistress36
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I have an almost 100% reliable method that I could use at any moment. You might say it keeps me alive. Anyone else? And no, I'm not asking for your method.
i find it kinda comforting knowing ive got some guns easily at my disposal if things get worse.
i would like to have a more peaceful method though. even if i never use it, just to have on standby

Reactions: Ligottian, dr18 and Tony24
genoke

genoke

Aug 13, 2024
Many people who get their Swiss death pills decide to stay alive once they know they have a way out.

Reactions: ham and potatoes
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I also have a method, which makes me feel better. It's very reliable but unfortunately I'm afraid of it and would prefer a different method. I do feel better having access, however. I suppose in a way, it allows me to linger.

Reactions: Ligottian
M

MrFrogs

Aug 25, 2024
I used to have a method but I tried it to not much success. I probably just didn't prepare enough but I couldn't figure out partial hanging and I kinda gave up on that. I just feel defeated, it was nice when I thought I had a way out.