C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
I've been struggling with depression for a long time and my demeanor has definitely changed. However, i've never been mean or talked trash about my friend because I loved her so much and it sucks that she'd do it to me. I've apologized and tried to get her to understand that the depression is literally eating me alive and it makes me too tired to talk or hang out sometimes but that I still love her but she won't accept any apology. It sucks because we were such great friends and honestly I hate everything right now. I know constantly complaining wont make it better but it's just so difficult. I couldn't be more desperate for a friend right now.

E

Eachdaymakesmedumber

Jul 25, 2020
I've been struggling with depression for a long time and my demeanor has definitely changed. However, i've never been mean or talked trash about my friend because I loved her so much and it sucks that she'd do it to me. I've apologized and tried to get her to understand that the depression is literally eating me alive and it makes me too tired to talk or hang out sometimes but that I still love her but she won't accept any apology. It sucks because we were such great friends and honestly I hate everything right now. I know constantly complaining wont make it better but it's just so difficult. I couldn't be more desperate for a friend right now.
You're not giving us the full story so it's hard to help.

Friends come and go. That's the walk of life.

Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
This is my life. Misfortune family of origin. Friends who stab me in the back. Nothing to expect in future.

• Aww..
Reactions: currylover
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
A person who I helped get through some of the most pivotal moments of his life stabbed me in the back. I loved him almost as much as I loved my own husband. He was so important to me. He was my rock for a time. I didn't want to let my husband know about my depression because I was afraid it would bring him down too. When I confided in this friend, he said I was being a "bad friend" because I was "all suicidal." Eventually, he turned on me and ruined my life. He sullied my name and I lost everything.

I know friends come and go, but I can bear that when it's organic. When it happens like this, it's too much to take. I know I made mistakes too that led me to this point, but he was the tipping point. I'm still heartbroken and I can never trust another human again.

• Aww..
Reactions: currylover
C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
A person who I helped get through some of the most pivotal moments of his life stabbed me in the back. I loved him almost as much as I loved my own husband. He was so important to me. He was my rock for a time. I didn't want to let my husband know about my depression because I was afraid it would bring him down too. When I confided in this friend, he said I was being a "bad friend" because I was "all suicidal." Eventually, he turned on me and ruined my life. He sullied my name and I lost everything.

I know friends come and go, but I can bear that when it's organic. When it happens like this, it's too much to take. I know I made mistakes too that led me to this point, but he was the tipping point. I'm still heartbroken and I can never trust another human again.
I'm SO sorry this happened to you and I totally understand why you feel the way you do. It's hard when those friends you thought would be forever decide to turn on you. ❤️
This is my life. Misfortune family of origin. Friends who stab me in the back. Nothing to expect in future.
I'm sorry :( I hope someone comes along and stays a forever friend, but I know it can be hard to trust.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm SO sorry this happened to you and I totally understand why you feel the way you do. It's hard when those friends you thought would be forever decide to turn on you. ❤
Thank you. That's kind of you to say. I'm sorry you're in a similar boat. I know how much it can hurt, especially when it feels like you have no one. SS has helped me a lot in the past week — helping me to feel a little less lonely and a lot more understood.