ReWind

ReWind

Aug 2, 2020
I can't see much reason to go on. I'm scared of living and to add to injury I'm not sure I can catch that bus. The joys feel so ephemeral in comparison to the pains of existence and there's a lot of gray apathy in-between. Even if you struggle to make things better, everything can go down the drain so quickly. It's tough and it's hard for me to see why I should bother.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, killedbypsychiatry, Superdeterminist and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
. Even if you struggle to make things better, everything can go down the drain so quickly.

This is exactly what happened to me at my 30s.
My life was great in spite of being suicidal. I had a decent amount of money, friends, a nice gf, a good relationship with my family, was in shape, etc.

Then, my bipolar disorder and depression stroke harder and I lost all of it (also gained lots of weight) and ended up becoming a NEET for almost 3 years.
Now, I'm finally a normal person again but things will probably never be as great as they used to be.

I sometimes wonder the same as you, why bother?

I guess I'm just giving life one more shot because of my dad and maybe to find love again and visit the country of my dreams: Japan.
Don't know how long I'll endure this, though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: noname223, loopylou, Ame and 1 other person
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Esto es exactamente lo que me pasó a los 30.
Mi vida fue genial a pesar de tener tendencias suicidas. Tenía una buena cantidad de dinero, amigos, una buena novia, una buena relación con mi familia, estaba en forma, etc.

Luego, mi trastorno bipolar y depresión golpearon más fuerte y lo perdí todo (también gané mucho peso) y terminé convirtiéndome en un NEET durante casi 3 años.
Ahora, finalmente soy una persona normal de nuevo, pero las cosas probablemente nunca serán tan buenas como solían ser.

A veces me pregunto lo mismo que tú, ¿por qué molestarme?

Supongo que solo estoy dando una oportunidad más a la vida por mi padre y tal vez para encontrar el amor nuevamente y visitar el país de mis sueños: Japón.
Sin embargo, no sé cuánto tiempo soportaré esto.
How did your bipolar problem appear? You were a sucessful and happy person

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
How did your bipolar problem appear? You were a sucessful and happy person

I've been bipolar since I was 12 but the symptoms seldom showed up. I suffered at school but I was a normal person.
During my 20s, I became more bipolar but at 30, my mood changes were uncontrollable!
Too many UPS and DOWNS + depression is hell and @noname223 can confirm this.

Now, I'm starting to feel better again. The meds are certainly helping but having goals and finding new hobbies was the key.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: noname223, loopylou, ReWind and 2 others
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
He sido bipolar desde que tenía 12 años, pero los síntomas rara vez aparecían. Sufrí en la escuela pero era una persona normal.
Durante mis 20, me volví más bipolar, pero a los 30, ¡mis cambios de humor eran incontrolables!
Demasiados UPS y DOWNS + depresión es un infierno y [USER = 20932] @ noname223 [/ USER] puede confirmarlo.

Ahora, empiezo a sentirme mejor de nuevo. Los medicamentos ciertamente están ayudando, pero tener metas y encontrar nuevos pasatiempos fue la clave.
You are a very valid person, you can have a decent life

• Love
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Y eres adorable. ¡Ojalá pudiera resolver todos tus problemas!
Don't worry, just reading your post make me feel better
No veo muchas razones para continuar. Tengo miedo de vivir y, para colmo de males, no estoy seguro de poder coger ese autobús. Las alegrías se sienten tan efímeras en comparación con los dolores de la existencia y hay mucha apatía gris en el medio. Incluso si luchas por mejorar las cosas, todo puede irse por el desagüe muy rápido. Es difícil y es difícil para mí ver por qué debería molestarme.
Same. I feel you

• Love
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Even if you struggle to make things better, everything can go down the drain so quickly. It's tough and it's hard for me to see why I should bother.
I first thought about killing myself at 13. I first made a plan at 19. Instead of doing it, I worked really hard trying to create a life that would be tolerable. There were times I felt like giving up, but I stuck with it.

A few months before turning 37, it all came crashing down — everything I had worked so hard for. I lost my career, my financial security, my reputation, my friends, my community, my future.

The lesson I learned was that I should have never tried. It would've been better if I had ended it all when I was 19. I would've saved a lot of heartache.

• Hugs
Reactions: ReWind, Isisnefert and demuic
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Primero pensé en suicidarme a los 13. Primero hice un plan a los 19. En lugar de hacerlo, trabajé muy duro tratando de crear una vida que fuera tolerable. Hubo momentos en que sentí ganas de rendirme, pero me mantuve firme.

Unos meses antes de cumplir 37 años, todo se vino abajo, todo por lo que había trabajado tan duro. Perdí mi carrera, mi seguridad financiera, mi reputación, mis amigos, mi comunidad, mi futuro.

La lección que aprendí fue que nunca debería haberlo intentado. Hubiera sido mejor si hubiera terminado con todo cuando tenía 19 años. Me hubiera ahorrado muchos dolores de cabeza.
Your story Is similar to mine, I feel you

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yes being bipolar can be hell. No wonder the suicide rate is that high. The mania really is not worth the upcoming depression. My depression come along with severe psychosomatic pain. I really don't understand people who suffer from bipolar severly and don't wanna ctb.
My depression is always extremely long. The last severe depression lasted 2,5 years. It is a pure nightmare.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert