J

jj83

May 14, 2021
I'm 37 and live with my father. I graduated from college and then went to grad school but didn't finish. My parents supported me. I opened my own art gallery and managed it for five years. Now I do nothing. It has been this way for almost three years. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, siray, WatermelonMel and 1 other person
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
Owning an art gallery sounds like a respectable job to me.

Reactions: archipelago, Pen>Sword, eternalmelancholy and 6 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
not quite the same, but ive mostly only ever had low paying, part time jobs with not many hours, granted im only 20. I dont even see the point in having a full time job, i dont want kids, im too anti-social to ever get a girlfriend and im going to ctb in the coming years.

Reactions: siray, Blondi, insanedoomer and 1 other person
F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
Mar 10, 2020
I agree, owning and managing an art gallery sounds great. Do you no longer run it if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: archipelago, Pisceslilith, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
J

jj83

May 14, 2021
I no longer run it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and Pen>Sword
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I never had a job in my life but it's because I don't want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, ConfusedAndWeird, Lostandlooking and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am bipolar since I am 15. I had great success in school when I was manic but always after mania i get severely depressed/ suicidal. I' ve worked 3 months and went severely depressed. Poverty is a big reason for me to ctb. I am feeling way better having much free time. But poverty is tormenting and knowing I can't avoid it makes very suicidal. I see it all coming. It is so torturous.
Now I am way older and this illness destroyed every attempt of working and probably ever will.

• Hugs
Reactions: Somage, Pisceslilith, saltshaker and 1 other person
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I've pretty much never had a job. Traded stocks/options and gambled on sports my whole life...and still do

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to have lots of problems with working. I hated being a "modern slave" so I always quit the jobs I got.
I think I never lasted more than 2 weeks in any of them lol.

Then, I became an English teacher and I started to enjoy working because I found out teaching was my passion.

However, when I was 30, my depression got worse and I became a NEET who was literally JUST A BURDEN for his parents for 3 years.

Now, I'm a normal and productive person again but damn, living a normal life is EXHAUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pisceslilith
Lostandinsecure

Lostandinsecure

Worthless
Feb 10, 2020
I was back home at my Mum's and someone asked me what job I do. I said I didn't have one and honestly you'd think I said I had just murdered someone. She looked and her tone changed like I was the worst person alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, Pisceslilith, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've never had a job, but I'm still quite young I guess. (I'm 20) I was doing this online university thing last year but that is on hold for now. Honestly I just lack the motivation and I would struggle with many jobs due to various disorders I have. I just want eternal peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Buzz
Broken Buzz

Broken Buzz

Space Ranger
Apr 30, 2021
I was a successful therapist with a busy clinic and research to my name, I gave it up recently to pursue a long-held passion of mine, surviving on giving the occasional lecture and writing articles for magazines. But this weekend the wheels have fallen off the wagon. If I die now I'll die jobless, a "former therapist" which people will assume equates with "failed therapist". I was perhaps just a few months away from launching into my dream career, but I no longer see a future for myself - it feels like I'll die a wasted opportunity.

I should probably say that I've only ever had one conventional job working directly for other people, I find I work better on my own; where I can set my own rules and hours. Perhaps that's the kind of environment that suits you better too?

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to talk to people everyday. 20 and never had a job.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I've never had a legal job, does that count?

Reactions: saltshaker
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to talk to people everyday. 20 and never had a job.

You're not missing much. Jobs dealing with the general public are the worst. They expect you to have all the answers and do special things for them. Even though you are getting paid shit wage.

I think this is partially why people disgust me so much. They will not hesitate to abuse you if they think you are in a lower position than they are.

I opened my own art gallery and managed it for five years. Now I do nothing. It has been this way for almost three years.

That sounds like a pretty cool job. The only upside about work is that it keeps my mind off ctb'ing. Everything else is a major downside.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and WatermelonMel
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I only had part time jobs. I wish I had one now. Been looking for months, nothing yet.

AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
same, anxiety is waaaay too bad, i could barely answer the phone after i applied to one. i was thinking of applying for nights and using alcohol to help with the nerves, but finding a non social job thats also nearby is hard

I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I've never had a job.
I've never had a job, but I'm still quite young I guess. (I'm 20) I was doing this online university thing last year but that is on hold for now. Honestly I just lack the motivation and I would struggle with many jobs due to various disorders I have. I just want eternal peace.
Same here, was in university online due to covid, had to take a leave of absence. Is that what you did? What were you studying?

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I had one job. Been jobless for 9 years

Reactions: archipelago
ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
Without work I would die of hunger and cold.