Pops

Pops

Apr 3, 2018
My memory's a bit hazy on the timeline of this but I'll do my best:

I remember finding out about SN years ago and could only find one solid study/case of suicide by it at the time and no one was for sure about the effects it would have. The best guesses I had were just vaguely based around looking at it from a scientific perspective and we used to chat about it in an old server. I attempted by placing them into capsules for delayed release but wanted to use sleeping pills beforehand so I'd be knocked out in case there was any pain. Naturally sleeping pills make you sleep so I didn't go through with that attempt (lol).

So I gave up on that idea, attempted and failed other ways, eventually went into recovery, left the SS circles for a few years, and here we are today.

First thing I noticed was a lot of mentioning of SN on here, which I found odd as there wasn't much known about it's use when I tried. So I googled SN and suicide and there's quite a few articles about the rise of its use and people ctb-ing etc, all from 2018 - 2021. I ended up going back through old chat logs and best I can tell, I was talking about it in mid 2017.. Also, best I can tell, PPH didn't mention it until a 2018 release... So naturally I've been beating myself up all week thinking that I'm responsible for pulling the trigger on all those people through the spread of information.

It's also entirely possible that others were talking about it long before me and info just want public or well known.

Idk. It's just screwing with my head a bit and I just needed to share and ask the question just to get it out of my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I actually first heard about SN from a thread on the cartoons board on 4chan when somebody told somebody else to drink bleach the person responded with all these points on why bleach sucks as a method and they brought up SN. That wasn't how I found this site but it was my first exposure to the idea of using SN before I found it.

Reactions: Pops and Pen>Sword
Pops

Pops

Apr 3, 2018
I actually first heard about SN from a thread on the cartoons board on 4chan when somebody told somebody else to drink bleach the person responded with all these points on why bleach sucks as a method and they brought up SN. That wasn't how I found this site but it was my first exposure to the idea of using SN before I found it.
How long ago was that?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
How long ago was that?
Sometime in 2019 so it's very possible they could have even been a member here or formerly from the subreddit.

Reactions: Pops and Pen>Sword
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I dunno but it will probably be my method.

Here's the bad thing, though: I won't be able to be drunk while drinking it :(

Reactions: Pops
Pops

Pops

Apr 3, 2018
Sometime in 2019 so it's very possible they could have even been a member here or formerly from the subreddit.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. The chat server had 250-300 members at its peak so anyone could have taken notes and passed it around. Most of the OG's from there have either ctb or recovered now. I'm only in touch with a couple of them nowadays.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It exploded in popularity right around the time I joined this forum.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Pops, Pen>Sword and 2 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
How did you originally find out about SN? Just an inkling that it could be used for a peaceful exit?

I didn't know about the method until I joined this forum (although I had used the subreddit as well) but I recall that it had caught the eye of Philip Nietzche and the other PPH editors because they noticed it was being used to euthanise pigs.

Reactions: Pops
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
It became popular thanks to the Dutch organisation "Coörperatie Laatste Wil" in 2017. They gained lots of national media attention because they "discovered" powders they named X and Y which would guarantee a peaceful death and they were planning to spread this among 1000 of their members. They didn't do this at the end because the government threatened them with legal actions, but based on the information they gave about these powers ("2 grams is a lethal dose"), people figured out quickly which products they were talking about. Product Y turned out to be SN. The PPH included it in their next edition, since Philippe Nietzsche lives in Amsterdam and has close contact with the Dutch organisation. Since then, regulations were quickly introduced in European countries so particulars wouldn't have access to it anymore.

I can't find many English sources about it, but here's one article which more or less explains the story. It didn't gain much attention internationally, but it was very controversial and gained lots of media attention in The Netherlands and Belgium:

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie, Pops and Pen>Sword