T

themummyreturns

Sep 2, 2024
I'm trying to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak, so have finalised who my work "life insurance" will go to and a few other admin bits like that.

I've even set aside some photos I'd like to be used at my funeral, drafted up a note.

It feels satisfying in a weird way, like there's an end in sight!

Has anyone else found similar / what steps have you taken so far?

ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
I have considered writing a will, though I don't actually know what to do with, or who to give, my small amount of possessions.

I also want to write some sort of an essay/suicide note, giving my Motivation/Philosophy for my CTB, Maybe even make some audio logs & and My Journal.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I feel like everyone should have a will, and their final wishes wrote down somewhere, not just people looking to ctb, as you never know what could happen.
Most places you can make own will, and it just has to be witnessed and signed by several people. So it doesn't cost anything

X

xandermax

Aug 25, 2024
I don't have many assets so my will won't be hard work. I've entrusted my sister with my passwords for my devices and cloud drive including photos. Even asked her to play my music (I'm a producer / composer) at my funeral. I didn't want her to be alarmed so i just said it was "in case, as I've seen a few peers die recently". I'm a heroin addict so she was pretty understanding.

It's funny how there's steps we have to take to ctb, like some fucked up game of Zelda. A final quest.

Reactions: lizzywizzy09 and LifeQuitter
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Student
Feb 29, 2024
There is too much to put in written form, so Ive made audio logs that go into my biography and reasons for my ctb.
So far Ive made several hour sessions of audio that discuss my biography from my childhood to now.
Ive focused too much on the negative, but that is difficult not to do. Intertwined with this, Ive discussed the reasonings behind my ctb.

Ive made a Will, that I guess I will need to get notarized & made somewhat legal.
I'll make a list of email accounts, device drives, passwords, etc that I want others to know about. I have several accounts, some I might just delete the day before ctb.
Ive got photos that I want to be used for any memorial that my family decides to do.

I want all this to be public, for people that know me... to know about me, my past & reasons for my ctb.

Reactions: themummyreturns
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
I really dont care about anything anymore so I had chat gpt write a will, I then edited and signed it. Since it is only signed by me it probably holds no legal ground but it can at least direct people toward what I want to happen. I cant leave my apartment so I cant get it signed by witnesses.

I am not leaving a note. I don't feel like anyone needs an explanation. I've been between recovery and suicide attempts for the last 10 years, no one will be shocked.