• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I can remember one of my threads. The topic was many people in democracies take democracy for granted. I dislike that fact. I see people from the right and from the left who doubt that democracy is the best form of government.

Now addressing people from non-democratic countries: Do you get angry if you hear that? Do you envy people who live in democracies? I would certainly do that. Do you think we are not thankful enough for it. Do you have a different stance on the Ukraine war? I am surprised about some stances in third world countries on the war. Some seem to support Russia which is quite paradoxical because Russia basically tries to starve them. I think one can blame the bad education in these countries. I think in some areas they still even support Hitler which I consider as utterly insane.

Some which surprises me a little bit. I read some people here in this forum who live in third world countries and they have way more money than me or my family. I suspect the people here in this forum mostly stem from at least the upper-middle class when they live in third world countries. I mean they need the education to communicate in English. Maybe this is a false stereotype though. There are probably also some people who barely have anything.

I think the main advantage I have might not be the money in my bank account. It is the fact that I can walk in the streets without the fear to get shot or something similar violently. It is the fact that I have free health care. This forum always remembers me what a privilige this is. Moreover education is mostly free. (Both things are not really true for the US). That there is not extreme heat like in the middle east. And so much more.

I try to remember me what a privilege it is to live in Germany. Though I also experienced a lot of abuse, extreme pain and traumata. It still sucks to be alive.

Last edited: