xrafinha

xrafinha

Mar 29, 2021
I've been thinking a lot about ctb since I got a health problem, but still I have family and friends, even a gf.
Point being, how to deal with that desire for death fully knowing that it is gonna destroy the life's of your loved ones? Specialty your family members. If you really care about them.. it's making my decision really hard because even if I'm gonne I wouldn't want then to suffer and they surely will... a loot..

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, Curiousoutlook, Emilia1012 and 1 other person
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I have the same problem. Two (fairly bad) ideas, one philosophical, one practical:

1) Their suffering will be limited, since they will die some day as well; should they be unable to cope, they also have the option of committing suicide.
2) Estrange them, break off all contact, make them despise you, so that your death will be a relief.

Needless to say, this is hardly helpful, but it is the only thing I managed to come up with.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, xrafinha, BottomlessPit and 1 other person
DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
it's up to deciding when to die, but with death to occur, there's mourning, a temporary suffering of your love ones. Unless you're planning a long journey to endure your health problems, it's entirely up to you.

Reactions: xrafinha
Curiousoutlook

Curiousoutlook

Born Alone, Die Alone.
May 9, 2021
I'm in the same exact situation as you right now and it's killing me.

Reactions: xrafinha and demuic
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
1) They are a large part of the reason I'm here in the first place
2) sounds selfish but I won't have to see their suffering when I'm gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: xrafinha, lanax09 and elfgyoza
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me, I know they will be sad but is technically not of my concern as I won't feel any emotions after I have died, I won't exist. I remind myself that I didn't ask to be born so I have no obligations to stay alive.
For me I would write a note explaining that there is nothing that could have been done and I am in a better place now. It may help to give them peace of mind. There isn't much to ease these emotions - suicide is a pain cycle, to end ours it passes it on to someone else.

Reactions: xrafinha, lanax09 and elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I remind myself that I never asked to be here in the first place. My parents were selfish by choosing to create me, I love them, but I don't feel bad for ending it because it's their fault I'm here. Parents assume they'll outlive their kids, it's naive to think like that, you never know how someone's life will turn out

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I wish I had an answer to cope with that but apart from saying that "we just gotta be "selfish" and don't give a damn about anyone's feelings", nothing else comes to my mind.

That's why I haven't ctb yet. I can't leave my dad alone. He might have a heart-attack or stroke if I ctb. I just know it!

• Hugs
J

Johan

Oct 24, 2020
This is hard. I totaly get you. I have 2 kids, so I can't take my life now. Even if they would get over me as a person, they might be scared over that their dad choose to leave. It's easy to blame yourselfe. And knowing that they might feel that way, and what that can lead up to when they grow up and if that leeds to them hateing their lives as much as I do. That's not something I can just ignore by thinking that I won't be here for that and I wont feel their pain. Their lives are my responsability, so I will have to live on and suffer.
You didn't mention haveing kids, but othera in your life. And yes, one might say that it is our parents fault that we live so they will deal with it. But siblings and friends is not the same. So it's hard. But do you love them, go on, suffer for them and live a while longer.

• Hugs