• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Do you consume alternative media? I watch some American youtubers. This is my main source for alternative media. In my country there are in my opinion not that good alternative media sources. The media system is quite pluralistic. I read a lot of traditional media. From very conservative to very progressive. I think the market is quite saturated concerning not extreme postions. I think most outlets are center left.
I think in the US alternative media is very important. Because the corporate lobbies like the pharma lobby are so influential. The broadcast channels are terrible at their job. I watch some leftwing populists instead.

I could not name a lot of good alternative media outlets in my country. Due to the fact I try to see the full picture I watched some populist right content. Personally I disagree with the most what is said. But in my opinion there are populist outlets with different quality. Some just blatantly lie, others try to convince the audience with arguments. Though due to the fact many of alternative media outlets question principles of democracy I am quite oppossed to them.

I think due to the pandemic the alternative outlets gained a lot of popularity. Personally I think many alternative media outlets spread a lot of false information and conspiracies. But for example in a high quality righ-wing newspaper brought some good argument against lockdowns. Personally I disagree with most of them but they were not false information. However this newspaper is not alternative media.

What is your experience with alternative media?

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Do you consume alternative media? I watch some American youtubers. This is my main source for alternative media. In my country there are in my opinion not that good alternative media sources. The media system is quite pluralistic. I read a lot of traditional media. From very conservative to very progressive. I think the market is quite saturated concerning not extreme postions. I think most outlets are center left.
I think in the US alternative media is very important. Because the corporate lobbies like the pharma lobby are so influential. The broadcast channels are terrible at their job. I watch some leftwing populists instead.

I could not name a lot of good alternative media outlets in my country. Due to the fact I try to see the full picture I watched some populist right content. Personally I disagree with the most what is said. But in my opinion there are populist outlets with different quality. Some just blatantly lie, others try to convince the audience with arguments. Though due to the fact many of alternative media outlets question principles of democracy I am quite oppossed to them.

I think due to the pandemic the alternative outlets gained a lot of popularity. Personally I think many alternative media outlets spread a lot of false information and conspiracies. But for example in a high quality righ-wing newspaper brought some good argument against lockdowns. Personally I disagree with most of them but they were not false information. However this newspaper is not alternative media.

What is your experience with alternative media?

At the very least, alternative media can open one's eyes to new subjects of discussion, which may otherwise go unnoticed if one only reads the mainstream media, such as world events that aren't usually covered, and information about preparing for coming events. It's healthy to have a well-rounded perspective of the news.

Preferably, alternative media comes in the form of podcasts to which various guests are invited, so that a discussion occurs and different kinds of opinions are presented - such as Tim Pool's and Joe Rogan's podcasts.

Last edited:
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I only listen to alternative media. 🤷🏻‍♂️

E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
I follow both mainstream and alternative media, because both camps have unique limitations on their reporting IMO. Mainstream media tends to be too friendly towards corporations + the government, and is very sanitized all around. Alternative media sacrifices neutrality in service of pushing a narrative - and in many cases the reporting is not up to professional standards.

You'll never get the full picture listening to only one perspective.

Reactions: Maudlin