ummagumma

ummagumma

Jan 11, 2024
dont know, what could i do. i tried different things, but they bring no entertaiment. but i feel boredom and urge to do something. but again nothing brings joy
what do you do in such cases? just go to sleep?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Homo erectus, Dliena, Praestat_Mori and 9 others
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Napping and sleeping aren't bad ideas at all. Perhaps, your body needs it. Did you have any hobbies growing up ? Something you enjoyed in the past ? May I ask what type of stuff did you try ?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, ummagumma and Lostandlooking
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
click buttons... literally...
ill refresh pages despite there being nothing new (ss/fb)
play really basic games i dont have to pay any attention to like farkle.
put on tv then not really pay attention to it..

chronic boredom...ive got nothing "useful"

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, ummagumma and Lostandlooking
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I know this feeling very well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dliena, sserafim, ummagumma and 1 other person
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Bump, I second this!

• Hugs
Reactions: bakkikak, sserafim and ummagumma
S

Sivit

Feb 15, 2024
I listen or read something of my favorite authors again

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim, ummagumma and 1 other person
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
I come here

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim, ummagumma and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Sleep, youtube, smoke, houseshold, call help line

• Hugs
Reactions: ummagumma and Lostandlooking
ummagumma

ummagumma

Jan 11, 2024
Napping and sleeping aren't bad ideas at all. Perhaps, your body needs it. Did you have any hobbies growing up ? Something you enjoyed in the past ? May I ask what type of stuff did you try ?
i used to draw. now i dont really have mood for that :"(

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
I browse here, maybe sleep if you can, it helps. Video games. Walk. Browse YouTube or take a hot shower. Anything that can distract you.

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim and ummagumma
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
You mean other than just blankly staring in a state of nothingness?

I go to bed and dissociate until I fall asleep, or just lie there and keep dissociating to pass the time. Eventually, it becomes time to do something or I regain the capacity to actually engage in something.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, ummagumma and sserafim
bakkikak

bakkikak

Indecisive
Feb 23, 2024
dont know, what could i do. i tried different things, but they bring no entertaiment. but i feel boredom and urge to do something. but again nothing brings joy
what do you do in such cases? just go to sleep?
Sometimes the best thing to do when you feel this way is to take a nap, or maybe go for a walk, clear your mind. Or the opposite, try to be as busy as you can be - listen to music, or podcasts, watch youtube, clean your house... When I feel this way, I mostly just go to sleep and when I wake up I do something I like doing - reading books or watching some entertaining videos, sometimes videos from my childhood, since they make me happy. Hope you'll have the energy and mood to do things soon again :heart:!

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim and ummagumma
PixelPlant

PixelPlant

smile, you’ve lived :)
Aug 15, 2023
I recreate music, video game and sometimes go out for a drink alone

• Hugs
Reactions: ummagumma
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I used to get drunk. Stopped doing that about 14 years ago. Very glad I did.

• Hugs
Reactions: ummagumma
fragmentary

fragmentary

illusions to illusions
Aug 19, 2023
anhedonia feels awful. i used to be like that and it still comes back every once in a while. thing is, eventually i got bored of boredom itself and picked up hobbies just to stave it off. when you say you don't want to do anything, you might be experiencing some sort of unresolved mental block as is often the case. consider if there's anything else bothering you.

as for ways of getting rid of the awful feeling; cleaning the house or going on a walk, if you can, are good. if you can't get entertainment out of anything then maybe you could read/watch informational texts and videos to learn new things. you could find some interesting, niche rabbit holes. music is nice too whether revisiting old songs you liked or new genres. by the way, since it's a common feeling, you shouldn't pressure nor chastise yourself for not being "productive" enough but rather ease into these activities. getting started at all is often the hardest part so you should be patient with yourself everyday.

Reactions: Homo erectus, CrescendoChiller, sserafim and 1 other person
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I've got terrible anhedonia too. It really sucks. Some ways I use to distract myself, other than this site, is to watch long video essays about topics I have a mild interest in. I'm talking videos that are 50 minutes to 4 hours long. I'm not paying attention the whole time but sometimes it's just nice to be able to listen to someone's soothing voice. I first started with history and psychology videos since I used to have an interest in them, even though I no longer did at the time I started. I was pretty bored of them at first but found that the more I watched them, the more interested I got since I could learn things I never knew about. The best part is that it doesn't take much effort, I can just lay in bed and listen to the videos all day long. Audiobooks are another thing I like to listen to, I go to a website where you can listen to many for free though it does have a bit of an ad problem even with adblockers.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, ummagumma and sserafim
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
nothing not already mentioned but long walks, cleaning, organizing, reading, long video essays, artwork, reading through ss and trying to sound sane if i bother posting

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, reclaimedbynature, ummagumma and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm just replying here because I have the same issue and I also wonder what I can do. Nothing really interests me and nothing ever has. Music doesn't interest me, games don't, movies don't etc etc.

Either way, I hope that you find the answers that you seek for

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Homo erectus, sserafim and 1 other person
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
What tools do you use to draw or what is your work environment like? Doing some things can sometimes feel awkward, troublesome or boring - but that's usually because of how we work.

I myself have moved the bed next to the desk, which I have decorated colorfully. I can sit and lie on it in different positions, draw with the drawing table on my lap or play the keyboards next to it. In addition to that, of course, there is a laptop which appearance I have tweaked in many ways.

Reactions: Homo erectus
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Be chronically online

Reactions: divinemistress36, Hollowman and Homo erectus
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Watch youtube or anime, contemplate life, nap, go online (like here), play video games sometimes

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
C

Cain.Wong

Mar 1, 2024
I done lots of things to distracted myself, I began to learn how to code, how to become day trader, how to do 3d models, how to make video games.

I knew its very difficult to do anything when it strikes, and I still have no idea what to do to effectively distract myself.

At least I done a small program and two 3d models (easy one of course lol) and I'm very proud of myself.

L

lqpbxeuh

Feb 28, 2024
Same here. The only thing helping me burn time is taking a bunch of edibles and going to sleep. When I'm awake I doom-scroll this forum's methods daydreaming about a day where I actually have the balls to ctb

A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
The only thing that really interests me nowadays is wanting to experience romantic love and maybe even sex for the first time, but I've failed completely so life seems pointless to me too.

N

numbdumbtired

Feb 29, 2024
There isn't anything I feel like doing anymore. Everything's lost its sparkle and I don't enjoy the things I used to love doing. I loved art, photography, writing but I haven't done any of these for years and years. I was one of those kids who supposedly had potential and a bright future. Well, that all crashed and burned and now I'm just a total failure. But honestly, now just being with my dogs (and cats) and taking care of them helps a lot. They give me a sense of purpose and they're good company. I don't have to explain to them what's wrong with me and I don't have to be upset that they they don't understand. At night, sometimes I just put on whatever show I've already seen a million times and with that on, I read a book or waste time looking at crap on social media and online shopping websites. But I don't buy anything because money is a problem. Seriously though, my pets are a big help and source of comfort. If i have a rare burst of energy and the weather's not fucking hot, I'll take the dogs for a hike and enjoy the wind and view from the hilltop. I think I would have checked out a long time ago if I didn't have my pets to love and take care of. I hope you find something that you enjoy doing.
Another thing that helps me feel better is sunlight. If you are always indoors with curtains drawn, please open your curtains and let the sunshine in. If you feel up to it and the weather where you live is pleasant, please go outside and feel the sun on your skin. I swear this makes a difference. When I am indoors too much and just lying in bed, I start spiraling down into this rabbit hole of mindfuckery and it's hard to find the energy to dig myself out of that. So I always try to be conscious of that happening, and get myself outdoors and into the sun before I get worse. I love the feeling of the sun on my skin. If you do too, maybe you can try going for a walk. Listen to music you like while you do.

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Is it most time-wasting to be idle doing nothing, or do useless tasks that one doesn't want to do?