• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I hoped UK would stay. And I was disappointed. I miss the UK. I think a close alliance would be good for Europe and for the UK. It was a shock when the results became public. Thanks Mr. Cameron wise idea of you.

I think for example the military alliance is very important. But this still maintains as long as there is NATO.

In German media you could read how devastating effects the Brexit would have on the economy. I think it was exaggerated. Though I absolutely don't deny there were not any damages. The covid crisis was a good scapegoat for the conservatives to blame for the bad economy. Honestly I cannot really evaluate how much the Brexit really damaged the economy of UK. I have read diametrical views on it.
Mabye the media in my country or me are biased. Germany profits the most of fair trade. But I think the Brexit was rather a project to seperate us. I think a strong allaiance in favor of western democracy would be helpful for stability. Russia and China become more aggressive. We should not let them divide us.

But this is only my opinion feel free to disagree.

ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
I used to be against it, I'm now pretty ambivalent towards it. I'm of the opinion that Europe is going to collapse under the weight of the climate and ensuing refugee crisis in the next 50 years, and we should be out of the EU before that. But how we left was pathetic, and obviously done in a way to line the pockets of a wealthy few. If leaving was done properly to reduce the Incoming economic harm, then great. But what's been done has been done so we may as well live with it at this point.

SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
It was and still is, I think, a double edged sword.
I think most people had the idea that if we left we would have more money to spend on the NHS and our own economy and the borders but the faith voters had in the government and its organisation and negotiation skills were an overstatement. Talk about blind faith. Even now, I don't see much positives coming from it. Immigration was never a big deal to me I quite favoured it. The NHS is still falling and I feel that we really overestimated how much our economy didn't depend on the EU. Sure we may have dodged the "refugee crisis" and took control of a sum of our economic output, but most of the effects of that are null by how screwed we are by our own politics. A shame.

• Informative
Reactions: StarlightDreamer
J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Brexit was. That's pretty much it.

As an non UK citizen, i'm more interested in the effects of Brexit on foreign policy. Brexit will probably contribute to EU becoming more centralized over time, which i think is not a good thing for the people in the EU zone. On the other hand, it will also contribute to the dissolving of what's left of the british imperium, which i think is a good thing. I'm convinced that NI will break away from UK in 10-20 years. Scotland is a wild card, difficult to say what will happen there.