• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
i was almost there for 2 weeks and while admittedly the thought of ctbing is still not off the table I'm going to attempt to try to get disability while working my part time job and at least see if shit won't go completely to hell.

so obviously i'll be taking a break from the site but i'm considering trying SN and antiemetics if I decide to ctb. I was extremely hesitant to try it but I think I might look into it if I try the "Life Gets Better" route for the 500th time and it still doesn't work.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It is very difficult to get approved on SSI. I have Aspergers and met all the rest of the criteria (low income, poor, under SGA, and what not) yet I'm still in the midst of fighting my claim to obtain it. I wish you the best in getting approved for SSI and for things in life to improve.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I am not an attorney, but I did speak to one recently about getting disability. It's next to impossible to get for "invisible" disabilities," (a nice way to put it.) If you can play up any kind of physical disability it will greatly improve your chances. Then they add on your other disabilities to help win the case. It's still very difficult if you're under 50. I wish you good luck with it.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I am not an attorney, but I did speak to one recently about getting disability. It's next to impossible to get for "invisible" disabilities," (a nice way to put it.) If you can play up any kind of physical disability it will greatly improve your chances. Then they add on your other disabilities to help win the case. It's still very difficult if you're under 50. I wish you good luck with it.
I had the opposite experience with this. I had freaking breast cancer and had to stop working, and I was denied on that criteria, but I was approved very quickly because I had also claimed mental health reasons. I didn't have to lawyer up or anything. It was the same application, first attempt. I think approval was within 3 months. I don't think this is common, but I think it proves that you really just can't tell what's going to happen.

My sixty-something year old father who has a proven back injury and had to retire early got denied all three times and appeals for that. And he did get lawyers.

catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019

That's not true. I have disability for mental illness and I got it on the first try in 4 months. The secret is filling out the form (what you can and can't do) as though you're explaining your worst days. Also a few stints in a psych ward helps.

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I hope all goes well for you! Hopefully 500th time is the charm!