• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I seriously think there needs to be 2 walls. 1 for users that is believed to be or confirm dead. Maybe with a special icon if confirmed.
And another for users who left the site but said they aren't going to off themselves.

Maybe wall of remembering and wall of saved?

On the wall I would suggest having the date and possibly method used. By clicking on the name, you can check out their profile.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
interesting. though in my opinion, it's hard to track if someone has passed and if someone hasn't. beyond this site and heresay, it's hard to confirm validity.

on the other hand, starting now is sort of problematic. it isn't fair to the other members that have passed away throughout the past year and a half during the existence of the site, and they'd ultimately be the "forgotten" ones.

T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
The ones who already passed will slowly be added. It could be a community effort.

Some members are able to confirm since there is other people who know them personally.
With that being said many members do a good bye thread and there is no way to confirm. So they will need to still be labeled, but maybe not get the special mark of confirmation until sufficient evidence is provided to the people heading the site.

Note how when someone does a goodbye thread, their account is banned. At this point it can automatically be recorded. And at a later point a mod can look at the evidence to confirm it when it is brought to their attention

Last edited:
Reactions: thelastchicken
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
on who committed suicide could be heavily used by media or anyone to promote a bad image of this place

That would happen no matter what. Like all they have to do is pull up some goodbye threads and other threads on how to safety off yourself. And that is far more than enough to damage to the site. Like they could say the goodbye threads can be used as a way to motive others into doing the same, and then they can throw a "expert" up or maybe some nuts who want fam to back whatever up. You might not see it, but the damage is done if that is what you're worried about.

As far as needing to be a member. There has been plenty of times where news sites were or have current members in areas. So that won't stop them.

Now I don't think it should be plaster on the front page. But, I think it should be on the site.

A

arposandra

Nov 16, 2019
I seriously think there needs to be 2 walls. 1 for users that is believed to be or confirm dead. Maybe with a special icon if confirmed.
And another for users who left the site but said they aren't going to off themselves.

Maybe wall of remembering and wall of saved?

On the wall I would suggest having the date and possibly method used. By clicking on the name, you can check out their profile.

I dig it. Just one change:

Wall of *Salutes and Wall of Remembrance

Semantics, and I'm sure someone can come up with a better word. But from my pov all or any of us can be "saved" by recovering outside of this site with a new way to approach continued living or getting a peaceful release with the long sought freedom and rest from finally catching the bus.

Reactions: Thatdude
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
Semantics, and I'm sure someone can come up with a better word. But from my pov all or any of us can be "saved" by recovering outside of this site with a new way to approach continued living or getting a peaceful release with the long sought freedom and rest from finally catching the bus.

I agree, but there is a section of the site made to help people keep going. But that's why I think there needs to be 2 walls. That or some way to merge the 2 but not in a confusing way.
Anyways, what it is called could even be up for a vote for when the wall/s are about to be released. I just think there needs to be a way to honor those who we believe to be dead and those who recovered.

Reactions: arposandra
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I've been thinking about the same thing. How many people here have gone and how do we honour them, remember them and validate their pain?

Remember, they were in pain and the act itself took courage. Was it right or wrong for them to commit suicide? It's not for us to decide or judge.

There is so much pain and suffering here and yet people manage to be supportive and help each other out. There is so much empathy here it's remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.