S

Siagos

Mar 30, 2019
"However imperfect may be the different sketches of religion essayed by man, even when his belief is shapeless, even when the outline of the dogma is not in harmony with the lineaments of the eternity he foresees, there comes in his last hour a trembling of the soul. There is something which will begin when life is over; this thought impresses the last pang.

A man's dying agony is the expiration of a term. In that fatal second he feels weighing on him a diffused responsibility. That which has been complicates that which is to be. The past returns and enters into the future. What is known becomes as much an abyss as the unknown. And the two chasms, the one which is full by his faults, the other of his anticipations, mingle their reverberations. It is this confusion of the two gulfs which terrifies the dying man."

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, siray, Una and 2 others
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
My favourite writer EVER, hands freakin' down; I studied his work to learn how to write better and read Notre Dame Of Paris unabridged :))

Reactions: Una and Siagos
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
As if real people are this sophisticated... :))
The average dying person is just a terrified animal, a slave to their unconscious, primitive SI, desperately refusing to accept the fact that the end of their existence is inevitable

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Celerity and siray
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
"The past returns and enters into the future..."

Damn, that was deep.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
V. Hugo believed in life after death and prayed every single morning and night, convinced, as he wrote in The Man Who Laughs, that "Thanksgiving has wings and flies to its right destination. Your prayer knows its way better than you do". AWWW... :halo::))