Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
It was my birthday yesterday, I didn't expect anyone in my life to notice, but I guess I hoped at least.

My mother wished me a happy birthday, my father didn't bother - our relationship has been strained because of everything my abusive ex did, and he's given up on himself, it's difficult to watch.

None of my other family checked in on me. I still have some friends but none bothered to drop a text, email or call.

I've made myself appear thoroughly unlikeable on here and definitely in real life as well - probably explains why none of my friends bothered. I've had some awful birthdays but god, this one was by far the very worst - it's days like that which make ending my life an increasingly appealing prospect :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, puppy9, lostangel and 10 others
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I'm so sorry. Happy belated birthday for what it's worth. Not many people reached out for my last birthday. I counted 10 total birthday wishes, including 1 from the waitress at the restaurant my family and I went to that night.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm so sorry. Happy belated birthday for what it's worth. Not many people reached out for my last birthday. I counted 10 total birthday wishes, including 1 from the waitress at the restaurant my family and I went to that night.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I'm so sorry that your last birthday was similarly unnoticed, it only takes a moment to reach out and say happy birthday and yet it can mean so much when someone remembers - just knowing that they took the trouble, even if you don't know them well.

Reactions: charlottewilts and iDieUDie80
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I'm so sorry that your last birthday was similarly unnoticed, it only takes a moment to reach out and say happy birthday and yet it can mean so much when someone remembers - just knowing that they took the trouble, even if you don't know them well.
I know exactly what you mean. A friend I was kind of holding a grudge against still reached out to me and even remembered my birthday. I tried to make her feel important on her day, too. Even though everything else sucks, I'm immensely fortunate to have her in my life and to have someone who cares about me that much.

My advice to you is take what you can get. People are so valuable.

Reactions: Giraffey
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Well I don't know you but happy birthday! Personally, my birthday has become one of the worst days of the year for me for various reasons so I know all about crappy birthdays.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
It was my birthday yesterday, I didn't expect anyone in my life to notice, but I guess I hoped at least.

My mother wished me a happy birthday, my father didn't bother - our relationship has been strained because of everything my abusive ex did, and he's given up on himself, it's difficult to watch.

None of my other family checked in on me. I still have some friends but none bothered to drop a text, email or call.

I've made myself appear thoroughly unlikeable on here and definitely in real life as well - probably explains why none of my friends bothered. I've had some awful birthdays but god, this one was by far the very worst - it's days like that which make ending my life an increasingly appealing prospect :(

The worst day of my life was the day I was born. Why would I want anyone to remind me of that day? Happy birthday, hope it makes you feel better.

• Hugs
D

Djfrend

Jun 22, 2020
Same here. Was my birthday yesterday and similar. A tooth fell out and i ended up calling the crisis team Cos i started smashingbthe place up.. was horrid.

• Hugs
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Well... happy birthday (;

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Happy belated Birthday! :heart:

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
A very happy belated birthday to you!

If it's any consolation, the older I get, the less significant birthdays are to me, and the less important the day itself is. If you can celebrate or accept greetings in the days after, then that's just as meaningful. Looks like several members of your SS family want to extend their belated greetings to you already. :-)

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you all so much for the belated happy birthday wishes, it was actually really nice to know that at least my SS family cared enough to take the time :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, Sinai Silence and iDieUDie80
WillOxyWork

WillOxyWork

Student
Jul 4, 2020
Happy belated bday! I get how you feel about an unhappy bday. My bday was a few weeks ago and was the day I started researching ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and Giraffey
MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Im on the edge of reality
May 10, 2020

Its sad to see your profile pic is as sad as you.
We all have that inner child in us that just waits every year for people to wish him happy bfay kn matter what age they are about to turn.
So I wish you from the deepest of my heart - happy birthday, but not juat that, I wish you to have everything you desire. I wish you great health. And I also wish you learn your path and see what is it that you actually want in life. Much love ❤️❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I can relate to you. I feel as though people have forgotten about me. I'm used to not hearing happy birthday.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
That's horrible that this has happened to you. Personally I don't care about my birthday - I don't believe in it anymore, but from what you've wrote it is a very important day to you. It's understandable that you're feeling hurt or that you feel left out on a day were those around you, like friends and family, should be celebrating you.

If it means anything coming from a randomer online... Happy Birthday!