• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I just recently read this article and I was once again negatively impressed but not surprised. The UK goverment wants to crack down on recreational drug users with more severe punishment. You can read more about this here.

The punishment includes mandatory, random drug testing, conviction of course - as if we didn't do that already, drug tags to monitor usage and even passport and driving license confiscation.

Home Secretary Priti Patel said: "Drug misuse puts lives at risk, fuels criminality and serious and violent crime, and also results in the grotesque exploitation of young, vulnerable people. We are cracking down on drug use with tougher consequences for so-called recreational drug users who will face the consequences of their actions through sanctions, including fines and conditions to attend rehabilitation courses, while drug offenders could have their passports and driving licences confiscated. In line with our strategy to tackle the harmful consequences of drugs, we aim to reverse the rising trend of substance use in society to protect the public from the harm and violence of drug misuse."

Sure. That makes totally sense. They're vulnerable people so let's crack down on them even more and make their already difficult lives even more difficult. Once again, comparing this disgrace of a 10-year drug plan with the drug policies of my own country, it's disgusting. We don't punish recreational drug users here, at least not like that. It seems the UK justifies all their predatory nonsense that targets people that suffer the most with vulnerabilty, as if it justifies violating their most intimate rights regarding bodily autonomy. For example they used the same "vulnerability" as an argument to keep assisted suicide illegal in a parliamentary debate about assisted dying just a few weeks ago, implying vulnerable people don't deserve to have individual autonomy over their own lives. And it's hypocritical considering how they treat trans people over there as well, the toxic and polluted political atmosphere regarding a group of people that's indeed vulnerable is shameful and I'm glad I don't live in the UK. The widespread transphobia in the UK is rampant and it crawls into every corner of their political discourse and into mainstream media. [1+2][3][4][5]

The current UK policy makes criminals of around 2.5 million people who are believed to consume cannabis in the UK — although this number is likely to be higher. Possession of cannabis can result in up to five years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both; and up to 14 years in prison for producing and selling it.

Amber Moore, senior researcher and policy advisor for the Conservative Drug Policy Reform Group, told Rolling Stone UK that it is time for change. "Criminal records for low-level drug offences should be removed," she said.

"People not only find themselves prohibited from international travel to certain jurisdictions, but the disclosure of the criminal record is enough to put many off from applying for positions which require a standard background check, causing significant anxiety, contributing to poor mental health, and barring these otherwise employable individuals from participating in society most positively."

I have nothing to add there. Well, actually, I do.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Just saw this is 2018 and felt relief. Hope she is now concentrating on her stupid idea to fly refugees during a climate change crisis when one billion climate change refugees are predicted. And all her Tory friends keep taking cocaine and destroying rainforest.

No words really. It's not Pretty.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
She's the last person that should be home secretary.

Under her new rules, her own parents wouldn't have been able to seek refuge in the UK. Meaning she wouldn't have been born here.

priti pathetic or petty patel, she's a grotesque gargoyle with mini butt cheeks on her face.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Well, I can't read all of it but the ppl using/selling drugs are (very) likely to be NT scum and stuff along those lines. I say it might be good for them to learn what's done to the mentally ill/autistics.

My personal opinion: legalize everything so that drug dealers stop having sex with women who think they're so edgy and cool with their illegal money.

Reactions: Adam-ondi-Ahman