TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't know what or who she thinks she is, but that stupid link isn't really 'caring' about people. It looks like she just wants to feel good about (pretending to) care about suicidal people. I don't know her background or what has she been through or experienced but just posting that link and the general apathy isn't helping truly suicidal people. I just had to vent a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smashingairwaves, Never Free, letmeseethedeath and 8 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
If anyone boasts in any way about their followers, I put them in my mental waste bin for dickheads

Reactions: Smashingairwaves, Never Free, Tragoedia Vitae and 1 other person
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
She's a piece of shit.

Reactions: Never Free and TAW122
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Like I am not a fan of any suicide hotlines and I personally think they are garbage, but we don't know her story at all. Believe it or not, it apparently does save a few people. Don't ask me how because I don't understand either, but I do know it happens.

Keeping that in mind I think it's a bit unnecessary to just start attacking random people who do this. Just ignore them and let them do whatever the fuck they want to do. I seriously don't get this obsession with others that people have. No offence.

Reactions: Never Free, intheweeds, Pallf and 6 others
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
Like I am not a fan of any suicide hotlines and I personally think they are garbage, but we don't know her story at all. Believe it or not, it apparently does save a few people. Don't ask me how because I don't understand either, but I do know it happens.

Just to remind everyone, there are no conclusive studies or hard evidence as to the effectiveness of suicide hotlines.

Keeping that in mind I think it's a bit unnecessary to just start attacking random people who do this. Just ignore them and let them do whatever the fuck they want to do. I seriously don't get this obsession with others that people have. No offence.

By that same argument, you should let the OP "do whatever the fuck they want to do" also, and "just ignore them" instead of attacking. mm..

Reactions: Never Free, letmeseethedeath, Jodes and 3 others
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Just to remind everyone, there are no conclusive studies or hard evidence as to the effectiveness of suicide hotlines.

By that same argument, you should let the OP "do whatever the fuck they want to do" also, and "just ignore them" instead of attacking. mm..

1. I personally know people who have been helped by hotlines. So I don't care about the overall statistics. Even if 1 person got saved, my initial point would be valid.

2. I am not attacking the OP. He makes a post on a forum and I gave my thoughts. Even said 'no offence' to make it clear for you.

Mm..

Reactions: Never Free, Jodes, littlelady774 and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@beauesque Yes, unfortunately, there are no studies and it would be difficult to get studies of it, except maybe interviewing the people who were 'saved' by the hotlines.

@Santiago No worries, I'm not offended at all and thanks for your inputs.

Reactions: Never Free, Taylored, littlelady774 and 5 others
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
@beauesque Yes, unfortunately, there are no studies and it would be difficult to get studies of it, except maybe interviewing the people who were 'saved' by the hotlines.

@Santiago No worries, I'm not offended at all and thanks for your inputs.

I guess 'saved' was perhaps a poor choice of words from me. 'Helped' would have been better. 'Saved' we would never truly know since people could still have suicidal thoughts, but just act fine. (Like most suicidal people do anyways)

'Helped' I know has happened before as I have seen it with my own eyes.

*That's if you mean saved as in completely saved of all suicidal thoughts. Saved could also mean getting out of a potential dangerous situation.

Reactions: Never Free, intheweeds and Tragoedia Vitae
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

I agree, and I just wanted to say, I love your avatar.

• Love
Reactions: Never Free, Marawa and Santiago
elizabeth.luck

elizabeth.luck

Eliminate your map.
Mar 10, 2019
Eh, sorry, going to have to fight you on this one. The girl pictured looks very young and may not be old enough to respect/understand a pro choice argument. Virtue signaling is a serious issue, though, when it comes to suicide. Everyone only cares after the person is gone.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Jodes, littlelady774 and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Actually, she is in her early 20's and in a college student. She is a music student studying cello performance.

Reactions: Never Free, Tragoedia Vitae and throwaway777
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I just like you guys. Even when you argue!

• Yay!
Reactions: Never Free and TAW122
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I try not to get to upset with stuff like this. Most people don't put much thought into suicide.

Reactions: Never Free, TAW122 and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I'm talking about getting mad at that girl who posted the suicide hotline.
Really sorry! I misread things a lot and react. Thanks for explaining

Reactions: Never Free, Meretlein and throwaway777
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I try not to get to upset with stuff like this. Most people don't put much thought into suicide.
Yeah, I often try not to, but that one really grabbed my attention that someone would do that on IG. You are right that most people tend to have no idea of what it is really like to be truly suicidal. Most of us on here however knows what it is like to be suicidal and unable to reach out for fear of said consequences (forced commitment against one's will and the fallout associated with it afterwards).

Anyways, I got a mod to remove the picture because I realized the link underneath the dreadful hotline actually linked to that girl's webpage (which revealed who she is). Some people might have already seen it but the least I could do is minimize damage somewhat.

Reactions: Never Free
Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I guess 'saved' was perhaps a poor choice of words from me. 'Helped' would have been better. 'Saved' we would never truly know since people could still have suicidal thoughts, but just act fine. (Like most suicidal people do anyways)

'Helped' I know has happened before as I have seen it with my own eyes.

*That's if you mean saved as in completely saved of all suicidal thoughts. Saved could also mean getting out of a potential dangerous situation.
Either way I think we need pro choice lines. Now we have them where they send police often, which lends itself to forced psych wards, possibly ending in forced drugging.

Reactions: TAW122