I

idkanymore365

May 9, 2021
Hi, I'm currently trapped in a psych ward after a recent attempt and I am completely not ok. It's 4 hours from home and I have no leave. Their only response to me getting upset is to get me to colour in or take sedatives. I still want and need to ctb so badly but know it is probably stupid to try anything in here. I'm getting close though as I simply can't take this any longer. Does anyone know how to survive my time in hospital/ make it a bit easier or how to successfully attempt when there are checks every 15 minutes? Thank you

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, nopointofliving, western_heart and 9 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
You should just go along with what they say and pretend like you're getting better and want to live then CTB when you get out.

If boredom is a problem you could try going to their group therapy sessions if they have that, it would also make them think you have the desire to get better. If they have anything like jigsaw puzzles or such things you could occupy your time with that.

Reactions: Hotsackage and Ramirez
Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
Hi I'm currently going though this experience again it's horrible I understand. I've been sectioned for about two weeks now, you should get a ward meeting with the doctors in charge to discuss your care plan.
It's frustrating and boring trust me but just try and cooperate with the staff and try to get discharged as quick as you can because this hospital environment is really stressful and traumatic for most including me, I hope your bed is comfy at least because on top of that sleep deprivation and the depression you already experience can just make you feel even more shit : (

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Mare Imbrium, Scribble Fan and 1 other person
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Play happy, try to make a friend. Trust me that will get you out quickly. Easier said than done tho I'll give you that.

Reactions: LivideLamb
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
When I was in I engaged with the other people. The ones who had barely communicated I sat with them and held my hands out. It was something that always stayed with me Paul 54. In the end he used to hold my hand. The nurse said it was incredible and to be fair it felt an honour to have him respond. I used to shout cunt and just ask them about the fire extinguishers.

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Last time I went I played it cool to get out of the involuntary section, then went on the offensive, claiming to them that "this is pointless, since i'm just going to say whatever i think you need to hear to get out of here, do you understand?"

Then they kind just gave up and discharged me without a follow up or anything. (Seems weird in retrospect, i did want to be treated, just not in hospital.)

Reactions: lobster salad
Shadowgeist

Shadowgeist

Jun 1, 2021
I was just in one for 6 days a couple of weeks ago, due to an attempted suicide. Best thing to do is pretend you are better, tell them you have no thoughts of hurting yourself, go to all the groups to show you are engaged in the process, and take any meds they want you to. Then you can do what you want once you are out. Do not try to ctb there. Not only will you most likely be unsuccessful, but you will get stuck there for even longer against your will.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree with what others have said, I would just try to convince them that you feel better and cooperate with what they ask you to do. They wouldn't let you out otherwise. Psych wards sound similar to prisons to me and I have heard many people's bad experiences with them. They seem to do more harm than good in many situations. It must be hard what you are going through, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, western_heart and lobster salad
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear this... it must be hell!!

I wasn't in a psych ward but was forced to live with my parents and be monitored 24/7 for almost half a year.
My best advice for you would be to be a good guy, take your med and do what the doctors and nurses ask you to do.

The better you behave, the sooner you should get out of there.

It sems you can use your phone at least! That's great! Read some EBOOKs so that time goes by faster!!

Wish you the best!

Hugs,

Matt

Reactions: lobster salad
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I am so sorry you're in this situation... psych wards rarely do anything and I hope you get out ASAP and seek something that will actually help if that is what you so wish. Sending strength

I

idkanymore365

May 9, 2021
You should just go along with what they say and pretend like you're getting better and want to live then CTB when you get out.

If boredom is a problem you could try going to their group therapy sessions if they have that, it would also make them think you have the desire to get better. If they have anything like jigsaw puzzles or such things you could occupy your time with that.
Thank you, yes thay have colouring and cards and books and things, it's just hard to constantly try to distract myself from the thoughts of not eBaying to be alive (and even less wanting to be in hospital)
Hi I'm currently going though this experience again it's horrible I understand. I've been sectioned for about two weeks now, you should get a ward meeting with the doctors in charge to discuss your care plan.
It's frustrating and boring trust me but just try and cooperate with the staff and try to get discharged as quick as you can because this hospital environment is really stressful and traumatic for most including me, I hope your bed is comfy at least because on top of that sleep deprivation and the depression you already experience can just make you feel even more shit : (
I'm sorry you're going through this too. It's shit. I had a meeting with a consultant and they basically said they were going to try and get me to a place of stablity and couldn't give me a time frame for discharge. The bed is ok, I have my own room at least. Thank you, I hope you get out soon
Play happy, try to make a friend. Trust me that will get you out quickly. Easier said than done tho I'll give yot
Play happy, try to make a friend. Trust me that will get you out quickly. Easier said than done tho I'll give you that.
thabk you I will try :)
When I was in I engaged with the other people. The ones who had barely communicated I sat with them and held my hands out. It was something that always stayed with me Paul 54. In the end he used to hold my hand. The nurse said it was incredible and to be fair it felt an honour to have him respond. I used to shout cunt and just ask them about the fire extinguishers.
That's a really lovely story. Unfortunately this ward doesn't seem to have many quiet patients, lots of angry ones which is scary :(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic
I

idkanymore365

May 9, 2021
Last time I went I played it cool to get out of the involuntary section, then went on the offensive, claiming to them that "this is pointless, since i'm just going to say whatever i think you need to hear to get out of here, do you understand?"

Then they kind just gave up and discharged me without a follow up or anything. (Seems weird in retrospect, i did want to be treated, just not in hospital.)
Yeah, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it

I

idkanymore365

May 9, 2021
Thank you all for your hell and advice on this post. I spoke to the doctor today who couldn't give me a time frame but I'm going to try and "fake it" until they let me go I think. Thank you :)
*help