Though

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fin, orlandom, Echo81 and 4 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
"We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday, in a bar that faces a giant car wash..."

Not that I'm literally doing that now, but I've definitely done my fair share of drinking at noon on Tuesdays. And at midnight on Tuesdays. And any other time.

I quit partly because I felt like it was turning me into a horrible person. I think about taking it up again now, as a last thing to numb me out before I ctb, but I actually kind of promised myself I wouldn't die drunk. My bf's late husband was in recovery when they got married, but soon after he was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. I guess he kind of lost the plot after that ... the physical pain and mental anguish just broke him down. So he started drinking again, and I guess he could be a pretty mean drunk. He lashed out at people, including my bf, and the last year of his life was just that much more excruciating for everyone. I actually don't judge the guy for picking up alcohol again. I can't swear I wouldn't do the same in his position. Just hearing about it made me think, "Damn, I am not gonna go out like that." So that's why I'm not drunk right now.

Well, that and the fact that I have 12 cents in the bank and no car, lol. That has something to do with it too.

• Hugs
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, BluesRunTheGame and Tkmiz_Tsukumizu
BornBrief

BornBrief

Student
Dec 21, 2020
Cheers, friend.. right there with you.

• Love
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
All about the Tuesday nights...

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
I salute thee

Probably that's only me

Though
Ive been drinking for mo ths hoping to die and coping with my BS. I dont know how you would spell that day out. Sumotuwedsthufrysit?

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I wish I could join you!
Unfortunately, my budget allows me to drink only once a week so on Saturday it shall be!

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Isisnefert, BluesRunTheGame and 1 other person
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Unfortunately, my budget allows me to drink only once a week so on Saturday it shall be!

Good on you for being able to stick with that! I never could. I'm broke as fuck, but I dealt with that by giving up eating and taking any of my meds. You know, priorities. I pretty much turned into a not-funny version of Bender from "Futurama." A robot that has to pour alcohol into itself 24/7 so it can go about its primary function. What's its primary function? Pouring alcohol into itself.

It was probably quitting my main antidepressant for weeks (or months? Was it months...?) that caused it to stop working when I went back on it. That's what led to 18 months of what might be the worst depression of my entire depressed life.

So ... yay booze.

• Hugs
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and WornOutLife
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Damn I should have logged on last night. I polished off the last of my vodka until payday (21st) last night. I do have a Co op gift card in my wallet but I've no idea how much is on it - so its either another bottle and a couple nights of blissful hazyness - or ill be doing the walk of shame back to a sober boring week if the cashier says there's nout on the card when I check it later today lmao

Last edited:
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I'm drinking on a Wednesday morning too :P

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I rarely drink, but when I drink people on SaSu will know about it. There's one user that I think is super amazing so when I drink I usually send her annoying messages, tbh.

Can't really slam down the vodka now, since I want to recover from workouts. Last drink was just some (albeit very strong) beers. Didn't get me very drunk but made me let loose a bit. Drinking is kind of cheap if you drink beer fast, tbh. And it contains empty calories, so I guess you can replace junk food with alcohol if u eat a lot of junk food. Might even be cheaper, idk.

Last edited:
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Part of me wishes I could drink from earlier - I have to wait until around 2ish or ill be snoozing too early. Same with beer, puts me to sleep before I can enjoy it.

ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Damn I should have logged on last night. I polished off the last of my vodka until payday (21st) last night. I do have a Co op gift card in my wallet but I've no idea how much is on it - so its either another bottle and a couple nights of blissful hazyness - or ill be doing the walk of shame back to a sober boring week if the cashier says there's nout on the card when I check it later today lmao
Shit guys it had £42 on it. We drinking til Friday :sunglasses:

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07, BluesRunTheGame and signifying nothing