LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
If our bodies are supposed to be temples, mine is a dilapidated house built from wood. It creaks and splinters, parts are missing, parts rot away. It is rigid and inflexible, extensively damaged but the foundation is still barely standing.

I have attempted to polish it, to sweep away the cobwebs of pain and trauma, to repair its ruptures, but it doesn't take long to begin to fall apart again. I feel the familiar creak of my limbs and crack of my joints and know that this is a house that can never become a home. It will never be decorated with warmth and love and trinkets that remember a life that has been explored and ventured and lived. It will only exist.

Suicide is being in the driving seat of the bulldozer. It's deciding that it's more merciful to knock it down, rather than wait for it to yield and collapse.

There is nothing strong or brave about barely standing until I eventually fall. There is nothing hopeful about leaving the inevitable in the hands of nature or mankind. There is nothing inspiring about creaking and breaking and rotting, to appease those who prefer to see me stand for a little while longer.

Medication, alcohol, cigarettes and therapy are all temporary fixes. It's like patching up the broken wood with flimsy tape. It's putting a plaster on a gaping wound and telling me to hurry along as they ignore the blood seeping out and trailing behind me everywhere I go.

Death is the lifeboat in the middle of a tumultuous ocean, the eye of the storm. It's not the lifeboat of death that will destroy me, it's the ocean of life, with its relentless waves drowning my cries and shattering my bones. Death is the the kind hand that reaches out and shows me the shore, the soft voice that whispers "You are safe now."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, nitrogennitrite2, pthnrdnojvsc and 14 others
S

suicide4me

Student
Apr 1, 2021
That is so very true, well said. May we all find our safe place and our peace

Reactions: LastLoveLetter and Dead Meat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel the same way. Our own bodies can torture us and there is no limit as to how far it can go. Being conscious can truly be a nightmare. I see death as the ultimate freedom from the prisons of this mortal life.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, LastLoveLetter and Dead Meat
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Beautifully written.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
taylor momsen love GIF
I choose death for love

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, LastLoveLetter, BluesRunTheGame and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Medication, alcohol, cigarettes and therapy are all temporary fixes. It's like patching up the broken wood with flimsy tape. It's putting a plaster on a gaping wound and telling me to hurry along as they ignore the blood seeping out and trailing behind me everywhere I go.

I can relate SO MUCH to this part.
Alcohol and cigarettes make me happy on Saturdays and my meds help me to be a normal person and work during the week but I know that I'm just "broken" and I might ctb anytime soon.
I even wanted to ctb last Sunday in spite of the fact that my life has improved lots!

I gues we're just... not "programmed" to live like normal people do.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and BluesRunTheGame
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Thank you all. I wrote this feeling mildly tipsy (now I heading towards full on intoxication). These are words I could never safely share elsewhere, because other people's comfortable bubbles sadly take precedence over our pain. I appreciate the supportive community we have here, where we can express our innermost thoughts and not only be accepted and listened to, but also understood, without trite platitudes, unsolicited toxic "positivity" or judgement. I send love to you all, and hope one day we will all know the comfort, peace and safety each of us deserves, whether that is in life or death.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, BluesRunTheGame and BrokenArrow