B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
You can't kill your self, but others can kill your by mistake?? Crazy country I hate Florida!!

Alabama dad dies on operating table as doctor removes wrong organ resulting in 'catastrophic death'
William Bryan died at Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast Hospital in Walton County, Florida, after a doctor mistakenly removed his liver instead of his spleen, an attorney said

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: deathsisarelief, Forever Sleep, lovelesslifeless and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Just average doctor things I guess 🫠how is that even possible ?

Reactions: badtothebone
A

ashtoreth

lost
Mar 29, 2024
Mixup of patient files/records/identification bracelets. Exhaustion. Stuff. Amputations of the limb on the wrong side have happened too. Medicine relies heavily on human personnel, and sadly humans make mistakes, sometimes with devastating and lethal consequences.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: lovelesslifeless, LifeQuitter, badtothebone and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Doctors get away with so much malpractice its ridiculous

Reactions: HiImMisanthrope, LifeQuitter, badtothebone and 2 others
T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
I even heard of an eye surgeon who removed a patient's healthy eye instead of the other one by mistake. I also agree with the above post's question of "How is that even possible?"

And I am really sad for that dad. I am pretty sure many people here would be ready to gift their life willingly to him for nothing in exchange. Why does the universe have to be so unfair sometimes?

Reactions: HiImMisanthrope and badtothebone
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
This shit here, this is why I'm repelled by the medical establishment.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, badtothebone and divinemistress36
B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
Right? It's crazy!
I even heard of an eye surgeon who removed a patient's healthy eye instead of the other one by mistake. I also agree with the above post's question of "How is that even possible?"

And I am really sad for that dad. I am pretty sure many people here would be ready to gift their life willingly to him for nothing in exchange. Why does the universe have to be so unfair sometimes?
And I'm not going to lie, we have patients with sepsis who literally die few days after dc from the hospital. They were either given wrong antibiotic or wrong diagnosis
I agree with you! They are talking about suspending his license but what about criminal charges?

Last edited:
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Hey, that's Florida...🤷‍♀️

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This doctor hasn't gotten away with anything, yet. I'd go out on a limb and say there's going to be serious ramifications to him/her for this negligence.

B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
This doctor hasn't gotten away with anything, yet. I'd go out on a limb and say there's going to be serious ramifications to him/her for this negligence.
I hope so! This is happening everyday…

Reactions: locked*n*loaded