L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
There just isn't.

Society is just too stupid for me to want to participate in any of it.

It just feels as though there is no point in doing anything.

Nothing I do does anything and I have no reason to keep doing.

All I can do is laugh at how bad the world is like watching a bad movie ironically. But that won't get me anywhere because getting somewhere means taking it seriously which I don't want to do because that would just be more suffering with no payoff.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Isisnefert, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and 6 others
S

Subterran

Claustrophobic Caprid
Jan 17, 2024
Sometimes society rebukes our best efforts. "Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all" really seems like the most infuriating advice at times like this, and yet, it's what's always tossed out by the healthy. Has anyone ever actually been comforted by that thought, during the actual suffering? Or is it just a thing they say? I can't really be sure.

Anyway, it sounds like you've been burned. Was it by an unfeeling society, or was it by the people closest to you?

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Isisnefert
L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
Sometimes society rebukes our best efforts. "Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all" really seems like the most infuriating advice at times like this, and yet, it's what's always tossed out by the healthy. Has anyone ever actually been comforted by that thought, during the actual suffering? Or is it just a thing they say? I can't really be sure.

Anyway, it sounds like you've been burned. Was it by an unfeeling society, or was it by the people closest to you?
Tbh, I don't even acknowledge or think about what happened anymore and the past may have never happened anyway. I just accept I have negative thoughts. Maybe one day they will push me over the edge or maybe they won't and I'll die one day naturally. There could be a world war or some kind of apocalypse which polishes me off anyway.

What I'm trying to say is one way or another, however bad I may feel, it will eventually come to an end.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Isisnefert and NoAIarmsNoSurprises
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
It seems like you are satisfied with where you are. Is there anything you are trying to recover from?

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
Just one point of view: society is the way it is, so that one has the chance to see himself better. That is, seeing everything that lies inside oneself, which is triggered by society (like despair, hate, fear, impatience, etc).
If one could eliminate those elements inside, then opposite feelings could arise. Otherwise it would be just a life liven for the sake of it.

• Love
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises