he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah money does make life easier for sure

• Love
Reactions: bloomingdark, Hurt, Ghost2211 and 3 others
ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
I agree. What is worse though is owing money as well as not having any money. And not having an income at all to have hope of having money at some point.

Overall this reality is awful. I feel like playing the lottery but I know that is hopeless too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, bloomingdark, Polly and 9 others
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
Loneliness and lack of money are my reasons to kill myself

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Merlay, Rn110bg101, bloomingdark and 7 others
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I know of a way to make some money. Maybe get a job from home? Work through the computer or something? I know not having money sucks but there's really no other way to change it than getting a job.

Reactions: bloomingdark and Ghost2211
I

its impossible

Oct 24, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, bloomingdark, AprilsBlessings and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, having no money sucks but I'd ctb anyway even If I were a millonaire. (just like many rich and famous people have)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, adam, Merlay and 13 others
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
But money won't solve all your problems!!!! It may solve SOME of them, but NOT ALL!!! You think that having boat loads of money would save you? I wish I could give it to you to prove you wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile, disabledandhopeless, MiserableBastard1995 and 6 others
I

its impossible

Oct 24, 2020
But money won't solve all your problems!!!! It may solve SOME of them, but NOT ALL!!! You think that having boat loads of money would save you? I wish I could give it to you to prove you wrong.

i know how money works

and ive seen what money can buy

it can buy everything. even love.

Reactions: not4us, Make_It_A_Good_One, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm on the flipside: I have money and stuff (and I'm very grateful that I do!) but I have no people. Just stuff. No relationships, just things. I can count on having purchases in my life but never on people.

There is no happiness without a balance of some of each, I think. I know the pain, though, and I feel the desperation of wanting to die from not having what your heart wants. It sucks. 'Sorry you have to go through this, too. :hug::aw:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, Fragile, disabledandhopeless and 12 others
K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
I truly can understand how you feel OP.

This is my story: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-me-financially-so-that-i-can-get-back.58462/

After you read it, you would know that I truly can understand how you feel, OP. PM me if you need someone to chat with.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Wrennie, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
even love.
thats not love, thats called a gold digger, they dont give a shit about you. theres a very big difference here.

also i would love to understand how not having money is worse then years of physical, mental and sexual abuse that leaves the person in a horrible mental state for many following years. if you want money get a job, its not as easy to fix abuse.

Reactions: Skathon, adam, InterstateFlowers and 12 others
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
money would solve the loneliness problem
Actually it won't. I used to have money and I've always been a loner, while all I've seen was guys without money dating girls easily and I was all alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, patheticpartner, Élégie and 7 others
ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
Getting a job isn't as easy as it once was, I live in the US. Entire industries have changed, people can't work in offices anymore. Much harder to get hired, it is more a meritocracy than it was before the pandemic. Not easy to "WFH". You cannot make a living like in the old days with a blog and you can't make money to support yourself doing tasks on Amazon Turk or something similar. Two years ago and years in a row it was easier to get a job, now the world has changed. The entire way people do business has changed. If it is easy to get a job, tell me how and what your suggestion would be. I promise you it isn't as easy as it once was for a lot of reasons.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, MiserableBastard1995, Good4Nothing and 3 others
Kassender

Kassender

Experienced
Aug 29, 2018
"why is being alive so expensive ?
I'm not even having a good time!'

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Merlay, disillusionment, voyager and 9 others
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
I have money ( not rich)but lot of psychiatric problems ...money don't buy health

• Hugs
Reactions: adam, Merlay, disabledandhopeless and 9 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
All the money in the world wouldn't stop me from committing suicide but it'd definitely delay it for a while.

Money can only buy me safety and better doctors; it can't fix my health or loneliness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, adam, Merlay and 8 others
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
I recall a user here who had survived an accident that took the life of her partner and child. In my opinion, life after an experience like that would be much more suicide inducing than not having money. Yes, money can get you many places, solve many problems, and for some it can solve all of them. Though many of us have physical or mental illnesses and scars that can never be fixed, no matter how much we have. Suicide, and life itself, is not one size fits all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Merlay, Zebedee and 14 others
wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
mood, i currently struggling with money as I'm in between jobs and I hate it, its fucking with my mood

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, patheticpartner and Ghost2211
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I make good money and it means nothing to me I have no desire to spend it nothing I can buy will make me feel any better so even with money I'm not happy I have too much trauma money can't fix but I can't imagine how much lower I would feel not being able to afford bills etc so my heart goes out to people that struggle so I'd say it's definitely a big part in how people feel suicidal

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: adam, Merlay, Sunset Limited and 5 others
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
I've just accepted that I'd cause my family a great deal of heartache and issues taking my own life. I just try to stay centered even though my life is pretty meh. 27yr old sophomore in college ahahaha because an injury stripped me of what was my career. I'm mostly on cruise control. I told my mom today I'm glad my siblings gave you grandkids because things like that are not going to be an option for me. My ex-wife cheating on me destroyed any urge to want to pursue a relationship for the foreseeable future. Even if I fear of ending up alone. Which is already the case for me in life. Embarassd of how my marriage ended up not one person knows I'm back where I grew up. I just don't want to answer the what happened questions so I just keep to myself and do my school work. I don't even care to be in school but it's the only thing I do outside of lifting weights. Like I said I just stay centered. I try not to drift entirely too far down or let myself get too happy. Being on cruise control and doing alot of sleeping also helps pass the time. I also try and learn new things like languages and investing during the nights I can't sleep. Helps keep my brain occupied. I ran off topic ahaha but I'm just giving some tips someone might be able to use to help them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, MiserableBastard1995, eleka1801 and 1 other person
R

rhonda

Mar 8, 2020
Yeah... money solves nothing. I have a decent job, own a house, a car, food, heat and the debt to go with... but it can't buy me love or a way out of loneliness, mental anguish, despair, hopelessness, stress, anxiety...all that shit came long before the money...and money didn't change or fix it once I earned it. In some ways it's worse now bc I feel even more shame and guilt...

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, voyager, patheticpartner and 11 others
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Money could hopefully solve some of my issues! (since it's surgical related) but beyond that I've never cared much for money.. the only thing I'd like to buy would probably be a motorbike but getting green paper to fill voids for the next however many years doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather live off grid somewhere cozy with a bunch of animals. But until then I need that green paper sadly.

Reactions: Quax and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Money wouldn't change my health or disabilities, but it would make me feel safe and secure. I wouldn't have to be afraid for survival. Money may not solve all the problems, but it makes them all easier. Yes, money would fix life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, EmbraceOfTheVoid, Deleted member 25174 and 1 other person
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
As long as I have a roof over my head, and enough for food, I really don't need much else. Older games? emulators, tv shows? what is money lol, pirate that stuff. Theres plenty of work arounds to avoid the need for money and lots of ways to distract yourself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, MiserableBastard1995 and MindFrog
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
So true. But be weary enough is never enough. No matter how much I earn, it all goes to Bill's. And to save i have to do without. I get that I'm young. But i want to enjoy life now. But i have to stay ever vigilant so i dont wound up in a gutter. I guess what matters is what's important to you. If you like sex, then do that. If you want money, then go chase it. If you want happiness and freedom then you're effed, because that's why I'm here. Happiness for me isn't just money, sex, drugs, fashion, companionship, or etc. Its comfort and for some reason I cant find that anywhere.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, patheticpartner, MiserableBastard1995 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Getting a job isn't as easy as it once was, I live in the US. Entire industries have changed, people can't work in offices anymore. Much harder to get hired, it is more a meritocracy than it was before the pandemic. Not easy to "WFH". You cannot make a living like in the old days with a blog and you can't make money to support yourself doing tasks on Amazon Turk or something similar. Two years ago and years in a row it was easier to get a job, now the world has changed. The entire way people do business has changed. If it is easy to get a job, tell me how and what your suggestion would be. I promise you it isn't as easy as it once was for a lot of reasons.
I'm fairly confident you're talking about the post I made. I didn't say it was easy to get a job I said it was easier then fixing abuse. I love how you basically ignored the point.

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Is that so? Try being born with a deformed face that even money cant fix. If i could trade my life with a hobbo i would 100% do it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, adam, Merlay and 11 others