M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
I'll be focusing on the not to, of course, what I am talking about works dually for the 'to'. Often suicidal people are reminded that given a change of attitude/perspective they will see that life is worth living, this in itself almost seems like an invalidation of their pain. If something no longer exists after a shift in perspective, was it ever there to begin with? But let's ignore the fact that saying things like this almost certainly invalidate people's pain, let's assume it's true, in that case so is the opposite, your happiness is not 'real' in the same way your pain wasn't. If you swing back into your previous attitude and perspective, your happiness is replaced with suffering. The only reason we prefer one delusion to the other is because we are animals and happiness/positive emotion is what keeps us waking up in the morning and drives us to keep 'doing'. Beyond this biological truism there is nothing more real about our experience of positive emotion than our experience of negative emotion. From this place of transcendence one can see suicide has always been a neutral action, as with any action. This train of thought often calms me down, it is similar to recalling everything has a time limit, is transient, and it gives me glee to know that people I envy who bask in often undeserved happiness for most of their lives will too experience utter fear in their last moments, every authority figure who society deems better than you will be reduced to a baby in their last moments. It is physical proof we are all the same.

Reactions: whitefeather
S

somuchpain

May 5, 2021
While we're all the same, we all have different reactions to stressors. My big stressor was/is failed back surgery. The 24/7 severe chronic intractable pain I have had to contend with for the past 20 years has taken its toll. Gone as far as I could go. I think you might find of interest a post I just made: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pursuit-of-wonder.67317/

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, Dead Meat and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
While we're all the same, we all have different reactions to stressors. My big stressor was/is failed back surgery. The 24/7 severe chronic intractable pain I have had to contend with for the past 20 years has taken its toll. Gone as far as I could go. I think you might find of interest a post I just made: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pursuit-of-wonder.67317/
20 years of pain! I can't imagine. I've been dealing with chronic pain for 8 years and I'm at breaking point.

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, Dead Meat and filthyrottendirty
M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
@somuchpain I'm very sorry to hear that, I know nothing of chronic pain and I tip my hat off to your endurance. Thank you for the channel recommendation. I will check it out.

Reactions: filthyrottendirty
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thing that comforts me is that death makes all of life meaningless. It is inevitable and our only purpose on this earth. Suicide is taking control over a life we never asked for and it is the end of consciousness, we do not feel any emotions once we are gone. I agree that we are all the same in death no matter how much pain this life gives us, as we are all nothing once we are no longer here.

• Love
Reactions: mayHeCurseUsAll, CC123, whitefeather and 2 others
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
The meaning of life is to die.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The thing that comforts me is that death makes all of life meaningless. It is inevitable and our only purpose on this earth. Suicide is taking control over a life we never asked for and it is the end of consciousness, we do not feel any emotions once we are gone. I agree that we are all the same in death no matter how much pain this life gives us, as we are all nothing once we are no longer here.

Yes, that's certainly very comforting!
Damn, existing is just...so weird! I'll never get it!!