N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I've read that some of you talk openly to your parents about suicide. I thought I might regret it but not much can happen. My future prospects are horrible, already 2 psychologists think I gonna ctb in the future. My mom takes it more seriously but my dad never took it seriously. I don't know I wanted that to change. And I told him once again about my obsession to suicide and all the misery my life contains. I did not want to scare him but as I know him he will forget everything in 1 week.
Currently I am quite desperate another big bad news is arriving.
I don't think there will be serious consequences.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Fehler, demuic and 5 others
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I think talking about it with people beforehand is the only way that attitudes towards suicide are going to change for the better. After the fact there is so much grief and confusion and probably a reaction against the suicidal and sites like this especially if it came as a shock.

It's not like we can expect everyone to come around and understand but the more people try I think the more society will see why we end up taking this action.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and demuic
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, at least you're trying to be open about your thoughts and feelings!

After my failed attempt, I couldn't possibly talk about ctb with my dad again. He's really scared of me ctb anytime soon in spite all of my "progress".

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sometimes talking openly can help us I think, and in a way it means you don't have to hide how you feel which can be exhausting. Personally I would never tell anyone as people just simply wouldn't understand and they would panic and I would be always monitored. If only we lived in a world where there was less stigma towards suicide and people could be understood in their desire to die.

Reactions: Sunset Limited
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Is he senile or just heartless?
I don't want to be mean but he is kind of weird and keeps forgetting such things. He is not really that smart and a very simple man. He thinks when I stop talking about my suicidality the suicidality disappears...

eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I don't want to be mean but he is kind of weird and keeps forgetting such things. He is not really that smart and a very simple man. He thinks when I stop talking about my suicidality the suicidality disappears...

I don't think he thinks that. It is just that he doesn't have anything further to say. Probably the best approach if you don't know what to do. That is way better than offering empty platitudes or pretending to understand when you don't.

• Love
Reactions: noname223